Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ProClip Tesla Model 3 Console Mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the idea; I'm not happy with how far away the intended location for phones is....But having said that, it looks like it would scrape the top surface of the console as you force/clip the 2nd part. It also looks like some installations might interfere with the drawer/door when it opens/closes. They conveniently didn't show this.

Reactions: BobAbooey
Yeah, I use(d) ProClips on all my cars and don’t see the point of this. I know they want to make one for the 3 and are having trouble with the design. What we are doing right now is: removed both built in cables from the dock, use one USB socket for a mini USB plug for the dashcam and the other for a black Monoprice lightning cable. Then the driver can pick up and lay down the phone as needed. You can see the phone that way and use when you have to.

I have no idea where to better mount the phone for direct use as with classic ProClip mounts unless you fasten it to the back of the display (messy) or use a sandbag sort of mount on top of the dash. Eh. Something like in the OP is useless IMHO. Too far away and at the wrong angle. Like the built in dock mounts, not useful to actually use the phone.

This is what I did for myself:

mount1.png

I can use the phone touchscreen while still resting my elbow on the armrest...

Also, I ran the power cable from the back console cigarette lighter plug, so I could keep both front USB ports free (for music + DashCam flash drives).

I slightly modified one of these:

mpow1.png

Reactions: BobAbooey
I like that ProClip came out with a solution, but it seems like it would be so much better to somehow mount it the side of the center screen so you don't need to look down and take your eyes off the road.

It seems like ProClip tries to come up with a mounting solution that appears stock with the car, so maybe they couldn't come up with an elegant way to mount it to the screen without using sticky tape or adhesive.

This is what I did for myself:

View attachment 352224

I can use the phone touchscreen while still resting my elbow on the armrest...

Also, I ran the power cable from the back console cigarette lighter plug, so I could keep both front USB ports free (for music + DashCam flash drives).

I slightly modified one of these:

View attachment 352225
Can you provide more pics and details on your mod? I want to do something like this. Is there enough room to use the phone in portrait mode?

No, I only want to use my phone in landscape mode. I didn't try orienting it in portrait... Not sure how well it would fit.
I trimmed a circle out of the rubber mat so that the mount sticky base could stick on the plastic plate under.
Also, running the USB charge cable from the back cubby to the front was a slight adventure.

I usually don't mess with my phone in the car; but for a while I was using a 3rd-party nav system and needed the phone.

I got a $13 cupholder mount, and put it in the cupholder right next to me. I can rest my arm on the armrest and interact with the phone. Set it at a slight angle, and you can still open the armrest/storage bin. It does portrait and landscape. It probably depends on how you position your seat and how long your arms are, but this worked perfect for me.

81YqkDCOCdL._SL1500_.jpg

This one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GNNH3Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this looks like the perfect solution to be able to reach your phone. the oem dock is too far to control spotify, texts, etc and the other docks available just aren't streamlined and oem looking. I've owned proclips in my last 5 vehicles in 15 years and they were all great. i'm taking the plunge on this one to try out.