Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Product aftermarket yes or no?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darrel3000

Think Good, Be kind, Do good, all day everyday.
Dec 30, 2019
Flushing, New York
I expect that we will soon begin to see a mass influx of products made for Tesla cars from many aftermarket manufacturers, similar to what has happened the mobile phone industry. Tesla is first a technology company and second a car comapny, I am expecting new accessories and software and "enhanced benefits" products. Should Tesla support this aftermarket by adding apporived vendors to the tEsla website @elonmusk?

What are some things you are hoping to get?

here are some of my predictions:
1. custom and designer hubcaps
2. frunk ornaments to sit next to or supplant the Tesla logo
3. windscreen/rearscreen banner stcikers, think star wars and star trek and so much more
4. bedazzeled handle stickers for the door handles
5. window talkers that hang inside and carry your fav message
6. grill lights a la knight rider
7. holographic displays that project onto the windscreen showing data and even entertainment
8. LED track lighting to line your car
9. drones that can sync with the tesla software and you control it from the app or the car while driving. (maybe you're in a wedding party and driving from the church to teh reception and want to record everything while driving).
10. designer & pop culture seat covers

• Funny
Reactions: destructure00
sure, yes i am new and yes I know some exist, the point i'm making is that soon we will be bombarded with products and companies doing this as has happened in the mobile phone market. irt just a prediction of things to come, one day ou will show up a supercharger station and there will be immigrants selling accessories out of shopping bags.

Are you new to tesla? Because there are quite a few aftermarket companies out there and some will do anything you want. Literally tsportline will do anything you can think of.

sure, yes i am new and yes I know some exist, the point i'm making is that soon we will be bombarded with products and companies doing this as has happened in the mobile phone market. irt just a prediction of things to come, one day ou will show up a supercharger station and there will be immigrants selling accessories out of shopping bags.
I doubt it, do you see too many people selling accessories for other cars at gas stations?
And what kind of accessory can you fit multiples of in a shopping bag that you can resell And make a profit off of?
The tesla is a car like any other car, just a better power train.

stickers, banners, bottle openers, decals, lighting, streamers, I could go on and on, for retails sales these would be packed small so will be able to carry in bulk. one of us is right. time will tell, fancy a wager!?

I doubt it, do you see too many people selling accessories for other cars at gas stations?
And what kind of accessory can you fit multiples of in a shopping bag that you can resell And make a profit off of?
The tesla is a car like any other car, just a better power train.

stickers, banners, bottle openers, decals, lighting, streamers, I could go on and on, for retails sales these would be packed small so will be able to carry in bulk. one of us is right. time will tell, fancy a wager!?
I don’t fancy to wager because I don’t care enough.
I just don’t see that happening. Maybe back when tesla was a smaller less known brand this idea would have worked but now the company is like any other car manufacturer.