Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found that they site has also updated delivery date for new online orders to June (90s) and July (75s). This probably reflects what you are finding with your delays.
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 7.24.55 AM.png

VIN 06101 originally early May delivery -- now late may/early June. Pretty much fully loaded Red 90D. Starting to feel like there might be a full stop on the manufacturing line to get some stuff sorted out. Having watched the early S rollout and owning an earlier Model S I am very confident that Tesla will sort this stuff out-- my only concern are the FWD opening in garages with beams, pipes and such -- really feels like something that was missed -- but also should be fixable with the addition of a sensor or two...

VIN 06101 originally early May delivery -- now late may/early June. Pretty much fully loaded Red 90D. Starting to feel like there might be a full stop on the manufacturing line to get some stuff sorted out. Having watched the early S rollout and owning an earlier Model S I am very confident that Tesla will sort this stuff out-- my only concern are the FWD opening in garages with beams, pipes and such -- really feels like something that was missed -- but also should be fixable with the addition of a sensor or two...
My VIN is 10 away from yours for a P90D PUP, was told upon confirming my order that production would start late April, looks like another wrench got in the works if we are looking at late May to June now... I'd rather wait this little bit and get a thoroughly checked over MX, personally. Tried to contact my DS but no response yet, not sure he even has access to any worthwhile info.

Production for my vin 4936 X90D is delayed again. Last week Monday they said that it would be that week. Then on Friday they said it would be this week and today I was told production will start early May. I can understand that it might be hard to plan several months in advance but it is harder to understand how they could get it wrong what they are doing the next few days. I confirmed 1/29 and I am looking at an estimated delivery now of end of June early July.

Maybe I should cancel my order and place a new one because those people are promised a June delivery ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ssq
Production for my vin 4936 X90D is delayed again. Last week Monday they said that it would be that week. Then on Friday they said it would be this week and today I was told production will start early May. I can understand that it might be hard to plan several months in advance but it is harder to understand how they could get it wrong what they are doing the next few days. I confirmed 1/29 and I am looking at an estimated delivery now of end of June early July.

Maybe I should cancel my order and place a new one because those people are promised a June delivery ;)
1. I guess you would lose your $5000 if you did that
2. I am in a similar situation, with production suppose to enter last week but didn't happen yet.
3. Base on my experience, Tesla did a poor job on customer relation and customer communication, and it seems they don't even care.

Just speculation, but perhaps your delay is the seats. Non-PUP just started delivering, but I don't think a single Textile Seat has yet to be delivered. Maybe your DS can inquire if your interested. Me personally, I am ready to tune out until I get contacted by my DS.
Our cloth seated X is due to be delivered to our home on Monday, April 25th (it is being prepped in Rocklin) so they must be starting to do the cloth seats. It seems quite difficult to figure out exactly why some have been done before or after others. I'm grateful to be getting ours at this point.

With all these vehicles being supposedly pushed to "mid-June", sorry to hear about that for those affected, sounds like another Tesla-end-of-quarter-mad-delivery-dash-to-try-to-make-the-numbers-but-fall-short-again-and-this-time-blame-the-X-seat-recall.

I wonder if anyone has been contacted to bring their X in for the seat recall -- or has already had it done when their X was at the SC for something else? Tesla PR said 5 weeks to address the units already in the wild, but knowing how they always push for quarterly numbers...

Just received word that VIN 42XX (6-seat 90 premium) will slide 4-6 weeks from late-April/May to June delivery at the earliest. According to DS, "In recent days there has been a production shift that has affected your Model X and many other like it." This probably affects production of the every Model X with 4 wheels.

This makes me think they are shifting production to EU Model X's, just like they do every quarter with Model S. There are several reports of EU VINS. Produce X's end of April for EU market; shift back early-mid May to US in order to push quarter figures and get feedback from the EU models before the production line runs at full speed.

This is wishful thinking but may not be entirely incorrect, there is a bottleneck of parts for certain configurations, they are producing the VINs that have all components / colors available to be completed some of which may be EU cars.

Yes there are likely shifting production for overseas market to maximise Q2 deliveries - a sign that they feel confident most QA issues have been fixed. Most of the recent model S orders (including mine) are also pushed back to mid-June delivery.
I hope you're right about the QA issues... Although the the Model S delay was reportedly due to retooling for the new facelift.

I hope you're right about the QA issues... Although the the Model S delay was reportedly due to retooling for the new facelift.

2nd month of each quarter is production for Europe & Asia. 3nd month of quarter is US (which explains the mid-June delivery dates fellow Americans report) with (So)Cal deliveries last weeks. There are Model S'es with the new facelift already in Europe.

Our cloth seated X is due to be delivered to our home on Monday, April 25th (it is being prepped in Rocklin) so they must be starting to do the cloth seats. It seems quite difficult to figure out exactly why some have been done before or after others. I'm grateful to be getting ours at this point.

Please send pics of your cloth seats and report on comfort when you get them as you will be one of the first.