Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped by the Menlo Park store today and my car #187 is in "pre-production", which means it was just uncrated.
It still has all the protective paper on it.
Meredith (such a great person) and I found it in the drive train shop next door. Delivery in about 2 weeks.
Did you happen to see an Alpine White..I am told it should be there ..Seeing it is the only white ordered to date , I thought you may have noticed. If anyone is visiting Menlo this weekend and notices my White Roadster ( # 165..?) a pic would be appreciated..

Did you happen to see an Alpine White..I am told it should be there ..Seeing it is the only white ordered to date , I thought you may have noticed. If anyone is visiting Menlo this weekend and notices my White Roadster ( # 165..?) a pic would be appreciated..
A ha!! With a white hardtop?!

It was on TV. It's about third of the way into the video on this page and is the thumbnail image.

I can try to stop by the store in the next week or so and snap a better photo for you.

Yes, I saw a white one. Solid white with a white hardtop. In fact, it was the same "color" as the protective papers they use on the headlamps, etc. Made it look kinda like the paint was peeling...

All the newly arrived cars (~20) had their hardtops, so it seems they have that one licked.

Yes, I saw a white one. Solid white with a white hardtop. In fact, it was the same "color" as the protective papers they use on the headlamps, etc. Made it look kinda like the paint was peeling...

All the newly arrived cars (~20) had their hardtops, so it seems they have that one licked.
Thanks for the scoop...I contacted the Menlo store and learned my car has landed ..However, it is not the white car in the video. I was told this is # 200 and a company car..
One of the Tesla team generously offered to take photos of mine on the weekend.
Thanks again.

Gotta admit I get kinda giddy at the news that some of the regulars here are getting their cars.

Well, I'm kinda giddy myself now.

I emailed my Tesla sales contact, and he confirmed that my Roadster, #182, Brilliant Yellow, has also landed in Menlo Park. Another Roadster, #189, Twilight Blue, belonging to a friend, should also be there.

Any pictures of them would be much appreciated!

#173 was at Menlo on Tuesday

This is a bit behind, but hopefully still useful:

Our car, #173 was in the production building on Tuesday. We went for the Town Hall meeting, but the real bonus was Steve letting us sit in our car. It still had shipping tape, and had not yet entered assembly, but still fun to sit in after the long wait. Ours had a small paint scratch on the rear decklid that will need to be repaired. Otherwise, it looked great.

Steve told us 2-3 weeks....based on the heavy load of assemblies that was piled up ahead of us. So, we are hoping to pick up the car around valentines day. I'll repost the day we pick it up.

Rob

dave,

either your friend has moved up from #189 to 188 and his car IS twilight blue OR, your friend is really my brother in law. My brother in law's car is Glacier Blue, and while being car #190 for over a year, he was told last week that he is now #189. does your friend live in los altos hills?

Rob

FWIW, I saw a white roadster at the Los Angeles store just after Christmas. It looked quite nice. There was also a silver car there which also looked nice. The Tesla employee there said the silver was very easy to keep looking nice.

If they can only finish up around 10 gliders or so each week they might be setting the last 5 (actual numbers just used for the example) aside for an eventual big ship with gliders? That way they can save money on storage in CA which probably is more expensive than Lotus' lot. Just throwing out ideas here?

Cobos

That means they've only delivered around 40 in January.
With production at 15 / week they should've deliver around 60.
Closer to 30 in January, by my math. January was a slow month because Lotus (and possibly other suppliers) had a winder shutdown.

I guess that gliders are coming in faster than they can turn them around to customers ..... Gliders are being made a 15 / week but are they actually delivering 15 / week to CA ?
As stated by someone else a few posts ago, the goal for February is 20 per week. Right now the showroom is totally packed out of town deliveries. They've been trying wait a little bit so they can put more Roadsters on the trucks.

3252329364_647d11dc4a.jpg3253486889_5ef54a16c3.jpg

Didn't think to ask about your car, but there were at least three in the service bay yesterday.

3252332980_5066050ae4.jpg