TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Production/Delivery Status

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Tesla R1, Jul 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#281 vfx, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    Jus about!
    3294250594_a67f314a04_b.jpg

bunte_reihe.jpg

2. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Does any one know the lasts production numbers ? Are they up to 30/week yet ? I know that was planned for sometime soon to now but not sure when. Are there plans to go higher? 40-45 would be 2000 cars a year which I seem to recal was a goal at one point. How is production in relation to the milestones that we have listed before like Tucker etc. I know Tucker was passed a long time ago but what was next ?!?!?!

3. Kevin Harney

Looks like we are pretty close to if not past Corbin....

4. Laurent

Laurent Member

I took these pictures today at the MP store. Why are there so many Roadsters waiting to be picked up ? If mine was ready, I would want to drive it home asap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=163&stc=1&d=1235610602.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=164&stc=1&d=1235610602.gif

Attached Files:

5. Tdave

Tdave Member

Is that a two tone blue/white Roadster in that photo? Is there a better photo of it?

6. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'm pretty sure the white is just the protective tape that's on the cars when they arrive from the UK.

Also, if you can, it's better to host your images someplace like Flickr. That way we use less of this forum's bandwidth. (We often get close to the limit at the end of the month.)

7. graham

graham Active Member

Not all customers are lucky enough to live within 244 miles of the MP store! :smile:

I wonder if all of these cars are truly "ready to be picked up" or they are still working on them? They ride low enough that it looks like the battery packs have been installed at least.

8. graham

graham Active Member

Greenwich: For Tesla, it's Where the Money is | BNET Auto Blog | BNET

9. Stewart W

Stewart W Member

My Roadster # 165 -Alpine White is now enroute to Florida with another going to Northern Florida. My car was in prep stages for 3 +weeks..it seems ,as these are basically hand assembled cars, there simply is not a fixed turnaround time on these cars.(panel realignment,squeaks ,rattles etc are worked out in California)..I am told my car took quite a bit of tweaking while others may have had a quicker turnaround time..
    I know ,for fact ,that # 187 was shipped well before mine..so it appears this may be the true situation. Tesla has no good reason to delay converting it's inventory to cash ...it is just a bottleneck.

10. Ben W

Ben W P85 #61, Roadster #108

Doug, strange that that photo appears to show my car (#108), which I took delivery of last December! Nice photo, though! :biggrin:

-Ben

11. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

Does the F9 in the upper part of the windshield signify "Founder Series #9".
    Maybe that 108 is just a "job #" rather than a serial #?

(I don't think Doug has a time machine, but maybe he has been holding out on us!)

12. Ben W

Ben W P85 #61, Roadster #108

Yes, Teg, I think you're right. The 'F9' is in the same place that '181' is on the next car. That would make sense.

13. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

So, you have a yellow one with black hard top then?
    Good (me jelous as hell :biggrin:)

14. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

No, Ben's is regular production #108 (just missed the sig100 I guess), not the 181 you see in the photo. And I think that is a black SOFTtop anyways.

15. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

The "181" Roadster is mine (arriving Sunday morning here in Seattle!), and it doesn't currently have a hard top due to the one that came with it being scratched. I'll be getting a new yellow one shipped to me soon, so I guess that means you're not jealous of me. :smile:

16. Barry M

Barry M Member

I just received my #85 in Texas one week ago, so they can get quite a bit out of sequence. There was nothing unusual about the car, a radiant red sig 100. I just endured alot of delays for paint rework, water seal problem, etc. The car is absolutely awesome and worth the > 30 month wait.

17. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

So nice to see more and more people on the forum who have their cars now!

18. graham

graham Active Member

Greentech Media | Lots of Cars on Lot, But They're Sold, Says Tesla

19. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

20. Kevin Harney

That will bring production up to about 1000 per year. I thought they were already at 20 and were going higher this month ?!?!?!?!? What have they been at ?