Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you will gather many looks, questions, thumbs up and requests for rides. Be prepared that every trip/errand you intially take will take twice as long as more often than not there is a person closely eyeing the Tesla when I come out of the store. Virtually all the comments are positive so it is a fun plus for the car.

Thanks...my other car is a Nissan GT-R. Not enviro friendly but nice 0-60 in the 3s...I get followed around in that car like no ones business. Hang on I'll add some photos.

My car is a gloss black. But I made it matte black. But now's it's matte silver.

what's nice is that all this is is a vinyl wrap (like a clear bra). When I am tired of it, I just peel it off and back to stock. You can even get it gloss any color or what not. So I could change my car to red gloss for example.

Any idea on roughly how many they have already produced or received order for? For the Hong Kong RHD (thus EU VIN?) version, the current custom order VIN I believe is #720. I was told there are only about 3 dozens RHDs left for custom order.

Yes, the EU and asian cars have the same VIN numberation. Mine is VIN #570, got that number by the end of Februar. That means another 150 cars sold for EU/Asia in about 4-5 months.

LOL ok...but with the GT-R it's pretty repeatable. RRR, step on the brake, floor the gas, let off on the pedal. The 09-11 gets around 3.2 0-60. The 12's have ben clocked around 3.

I'll take it to one of the drag strips around here....i'm too old to do this on the street anymore. =]

The GT-R will destroy the Tesla, especially in a longer race like the 1/4 mile. I wish it wasn't true, but it is.
It has a bigger advantage above 60 mph than it does below.

However I fully believe that when we get to replace the Roadster cells ( 2007 technology ) with the cells in the Model S ( 2011 technology ), the 0-60 of a sport will drop down close to 3.2 seconds, and the quarter mile will get down into the very low 12s.
By the time 2015 rolls around, 4000mAh cells may be available, then the quarter mile will get down into the 11s.
When that happens a GT-R versus Tesla race will be much more exciting for the Tesla.

...However I fully believe that when we get to replace the Roadster cells ( 2007 technology ) with the cells in the Model S ( 2011 technology ), the 0-60 of a sport will drop down close to 3.2 seconds, and the quarter mile will get down into the very low 12s.
By the time 2015 rolls around, 4000mAh cells may be available, then the quarter mile will get down into the 11s.
When that happens a GT-R versus Tesla race will be much more exciting for the Tesla.

Is that speculation just based on the idea that a new pack would have more energy dense sells, so you could make a pack with the same capacity but less cells, thus lighter?
But with less cells, would they be able to keep the same pack power output? I think they would need to be more power dense too, and I haven't heard that the newer cells are. It seems the improvements are more about increased range, not increased performance. Another scenario would be new pack with 6831 next gen cells, same performance, but more range.

just have a simple question:

what does the status change to during the build. Mine says "Your Roadster is scheduled for build".

What does it change to as time goes on?

I wouldn't rely on the status updates to be really accurate. Sometimes they don't change at all or much later after the actual event. Usually sending an e-mail to your sales person gets you more accurate information.