Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production In June?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems awfully optimistic. According to the report from a couple weeks ago, they just ordered the 8,000-lb Giga Press, I believe from a European manufacturer. It's supposed to be the first of its kind. Three months to manufacture the machine, test it, ship it across the Atlantic and reassemble it in Texas is probably extreme best-case.

Reactions: TessP100D and Zer0t
Looks like no CT in 2021.
That article says nothing of the sort. Simply refers to his tweets about Model Y production in Austin and then implies this must mean no CT production there. Which is, of course, plain silly.

Reactions: outdoors

That article says nothing of the sort. Simply refers to his tweets about Model Y production in Austin and then implies this must mean no CT production there. Which is, of course, plain silly.
Recycled news is the worst kind, added tidbits are often wrong. One can make an assumption on the unsaid. Which is what most are doing. Much different position financially than last product launches. Could see Tesla be more aggressive on a few just to have them out making press. Let's hope good press.

Reactions: El joe
Recycled news is the worst kind, added tidbits are often wrong. One can make an assumption on the unsaid. Which is what most are doing. Much different position financially than last product launches. Could see Tesla be more aggressive on a few just to have them out making press. Let's hope good press.
Seriously. Can’t be a coincidence that he decides to roll around GT in a CT. Hoping there’s something there, even if it’s just to get the workers there excited about rolling some out soon.

Someone on Reddit also noted his cousin saying they see Cybertrucks all around the GT factory, for whatever that’s worth.

He responded to a question, "Cybertrucks this year?" and his answer was, "Model Ys, yes."

He could easily have said, "yes, low levels of production by end of year" if that were the case but he pivoted to Model Y. Tesla's own slide decks show Model Y coming online first in Austin before CT. I'll be happy if it's proven wrong as I have two reservations, but Elon completely dodged when asked about CT production in 2021.

Reactions: El joe

Looks like no CT in 2021.

Well June has come and gone...no CT. And only vague answers on the latest Earnings Call. I don't expect any CTs in 2021, outside of possibly three digits worth of very low level volume. But the company is clearly prioritizing Model Y in Austin first.

I just checked my Cybertruck reservation page this morning and the verbiage stating that the configuration orders to be placed towards the end of 2021 have now changed to when the Cybertruck gets close to production. No estimated date/year is there as before for tri and dual motor variants. Cant speak on the single motor variant though.

• Informative
Reactions: Maryland