Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Infiniti LE Electric Sedan Leaked in Patent Drawings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m674db20.jpg
Production Infiniti LE

No side mirrors?
I actually like the shape from side on.

Based on everything I have read I say two batteries offered on the LEAF with top option 126 EPA miles and Infiniti at ~150 EPA miles.

Rumor says 60 kWh battery.

Infiniti LE Coming In 2018 With 60 kWh NMC Battery?

An all-electric Tesla rival is still planned for Nissan’s premium Infiniti brand in 2018 with batteries as big as 60 kilowatt-hours (kWh), more than twice the energy capacity of the LEAF, which is due for replacement the previous year.

Rumor is Nissan/Infiniti is exiting the battery manufacturing business.

And becoming,in effect, part of the LG Chem chaebol along with GM, Ford,Audi, and Renault.

If they do they start selling widgets "Powered by LG Chem."

http://insideevs.com/nissan-expected...future-supply/

Furthermore the goal is $200 per kWh.

I know there are various estimates for Tesla cost but my best guesstimate is $250 per kWh.

Musk says at least 30% savings or $175. Or lower.

I agree if Nissan,Renault,GM,Ford, Audi and perhaps VW in the near future pool their economies of scale together with LG Chem technical abilities they have a shot at competing with Tesla after 2017.

The car. Then there is this other thing called the Tesla Supercharger Network.

Last edited:
Rumor is Nissan/Infiniti is exiting the battery manufacturing business.
Difficult to see where it is going - but it is possible Nissan/Infiniti will use multiple sources for the battery tech and not rely completely on AESC. As Ghosn says ...

"The battery is a means. The objective is the car."

Just wanted to link to the story to say atleast the rumor sourced from unnamed Nissan sources says 60 kWh battery for Infiniti EV. So we are looking at 200 miles of range.

That article seems out-of-date, since it talks about the same range as the current LEAF and of long-shelved and past release date. It doesn't correspond to the revised 2017-2018 edition that was rumored a few months back.

LOL USA Today talked to Michael Bartsch, Infiniti's vice president for the Americas, at the North American International Auto Show last week.

From the Horse's Mouth who spoke a few days ago.

LOL USA Today talked to Michael Bartsch, Infiniti's vice president for the Americas, at the North American International Auto Show last week.

From the Horse's Mouth who spoke a few days ago.

Where does the Horse's Mouth say the program has been shelved in that article? The part where they talk about waiting for a time when the LEAF has longer range is nothing different than when there reports of 2017-2018 months ago.

Where does the Horse's Mouth say the program has been shelved in that article? The part where they talk about waiting for a time when the LEAF has longer range is nothing different than when there reports of 2017-2018 months ago.

Really?

When USA Today asked about the release of the Infinit LE , Infiniti VP Bartsch said "We have to be a little pragmatic" then spoke of all the ICE cars Infiniti will debut. That is the polite Japanese/Nissan way of saying LE is cancelled or postponed indefinitely. While at the same time trying not to anger Nissan's BEV fans.