TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Production is complete

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Kam262951, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Kam262951

Kam262951 Member

Today is DEC 3rd 2016. Got email from Tesla saying
    "Production is complete and your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your Delivery Center. We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between December 20, 2016 to January 03, 2017.

I am getting deliver at CHICAGO Location
    Dose anyone know that how sure this date are.
    I am going on vacation on 23 Dec to jan 15th.

Need help
    Thanks

2. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Call your DS and ask. That's the best thing to do.

3. number12

number12 Active Member

If you are on vacation anyway and don't care ab getting rebate earlier title it in 2017. Or does "build date" trump "title date".

Resale value wise.

4. bushburner

bushburner Member

That's a nice vacation, where are you going? I will babysit the car for you.

5. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

That seems like a long transit time. Hopefully they are just being conservative with the delivery date. What day did your car begin production?

6. Wise1919

Wise1919 Member

Doesn't matter when it is titled. It was built as a 2016 and will be titled as such. Eigth digit from end is the year. G is 2016 and that doesn't change no matter what.

• Informative x 1
  7. Finder

Finder Member

I would call your DS too - they have more info than the e-mail you got. Mine setup a delivery date of 12/27 for my MX that was completed on 11/30. He said it may indeed come earlier since the delivery date he had in the system was conservative based on rail delivery to the east coast. He went on to say it was likely being delivered via truck and could be sooner than that.

Trouble is he wouldn't get another system update until it was half way across the country apparently - so no way to know if it will really get here sooner, but he took a note that I would take delivery as early as possible if it comes in early.

Bottom line - seems like they are being conservative with the delivery dates for completed vehicles just in case, but hard to say until they arrive.

8. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

#8 ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    I would just call it a 2017. Especially since it will have the new AP hardware. All of the other manufactures call their cars being produced right now, 2017s

9. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I th
    I sent you a PM.