Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P90X, seven seats, vegan interior, default wheels, all other upgrades.

I want my car, yeah, but I want everyone else to get their car. Then I want Tesla to sell more Xs to people who don't even know the car exists right now. That'll happen when us first-movers do our silent and not-so-silent evangelizing on the roads and parking lots of the world.

I'm incentivized to see that happen, both as someone who cares about our planet, and as someone who owns a fair amount of TSLA. So ramp up!

p.s. I was reservation number 14XXX so I jumped way ahead in line. Yeay me! But I also feel bad for everyone else I jumped ahead of, so I also want to see everyone get their cars ASAP to assuage that little twinge of guilt!

Hi
I am reservation #11,xxx and ordered P90D with everything else. I did not even have a VIN yet. I think my delay is definitely due to the Black Onix Wheel. I am beating myself up right now for selecting the wrong wheel! : (

P90X, seven seats, vegan interior, default wheels, all other upgrades.

I want my car, yeah, but I want everyone else to get their car. Then I want Tesla to sell more Xs to people who don't even know the car exists right now. That'll happen when us first-movers do our silent and not-so-silent evangelizing on the roads and parking lots of the world.

I'm incentivized to see that happen, both as someone who cares about our planet, and as someone who owns a fair amount of TSLA. So ramp up!

p.s. I was reservation number 14XXX so I jumped way ahead in line. Yeay me! But I also feel bad for everyone else I jumped ahead of, so I also want to see everyone get their cars ASAP to assuage that little twinge of guilt!

When did you confirm? I confirmed 12/2/16 with similar configuration. I'm so surprised that you were Res#14xxx and you got it that quick. Good for you, that's great and encouraging!

Hi
I am reservation #11,xxx and ordered P90D with everything else. I did not even have a VIN yet. I think my delay is definitely due to the Black Onix Wheel. I am beating myself up right now for selecting the wrong wheel! : (
It's only the wrong wheel if you prioritize getting it sooner over how you like the way it looks! ;-)

Oh yeah, and you have to have the Tesla Turbines.

P90X - No Ludicrious, No Premium, No Cold Weather. Got everything else. No Vin. Invited to configure 1/5/16. Confirmed 1/12/16. DS says April to June delivery. I have no vin likely cause I didnt waste money on the $4500 air filter. Im fine to wait and not blow 4500 bucks on something stupid.

Could have used the quantum mechanical option, in which case, there was one state in which you could order in the future and receive it earlier...

I heard that people that selected that option got their deliveries delayed. Something about 3rd-party suppliers not being able to deliver them fast enough. That and the 22" Black Onyx wheels.

Hi

I am not convinced. I have a P90DL with black wheels and have had a VIN in the high 300's almost immediately after I confirmed on 12/5. Of course, no delivery, but in the absence of any known production deliveries I don't see it as significant. It will be here when it is here. : )

I Spec'd mine with a flux capacitor and that delayed me a whole year!

Weird, I thought Tesla delivered those on Oct 21, 2015. Are you sure you didn't also get the 22" Black Onyx wheels?
back-to-the-future-dashboard1.png

At this rate some of these early production cars may be delivered before some of the Signatures that were confirmed in early October (like mine). It seems like they really had to remake/redo a lot of some Signature cars. My.teslamotors.com shows the same delivery window for us (Feb-early March) and our car has been in the quality control/inspection stage for two weeks at this point.

Oh well, we'll all get our cars sooner or later.

At this rate some of these early production cars may be delivered before some of the Signatures that were confirmed in early October (like mine). It seems like they really had to remake/redo a lot of some Signature cars. My.teslamotors.com shows the same delivery window for us (Feb-early March) and our car has been in the quality control/inspection stage for two weeks at this point.

Oh well, we'll all get our cars sooner or later.

Yes, I believe that we will also get our SigX after some of the production models. Our SigX VIN#484 hasn't even left the factory for the Santa Barbara SC yet, so it is looking like it will be March before we get it.

Wasn't the whole idea of the Signature series that they would be delivered first? There must be some serious reworking going on, for Tesla to be flipping Sigs and productions like that.

Ron
Sig Red X VIN#484

Yes, I believe that we will also get our SigX after some of the production models. Our SigX VIN#484 hasn't even left the factory for the Santa Barbara SC yet, so it is looking like it will be March before we get it.

Wasn't the whole idea of the Signature series that they would be delivered first? There must be some serious reworking going on, for Tesla to be flipping Sigs and productions like that.

Ron
Sig Red X VIN#484
Kind of makes you wonder if some got some bad parts and now they have to back them off. It is probably a different crew than the line personnel so you could be parts and people constrained. The new cars probably don't have the issues yours needs retrofitting for.

But this is all a WAG on my part.

... Our SigX VIN#484 hasn't even left the factory for the Santa Barbara SC yet, so it is looking like it will be March before we get it...There must be some serious reworking going on...
I hope they are doing that work at Fremont and not waiting for your local Service Center to do the work.

My Model X is getting a new driver's door latch today. They are still waiting for an entire rear seat assembly (I know, it's hard to believe, but true, all because my rear seats don't fold down). I am thankful that I get to use the Model X between the improvements. That allows finding some new issues that get added to the list.

Mark. You are a very patient person. That is crazy that the car got the green light with all these issues outstanding.
With the production date at 11/15, the early VIN sat at Fremont for almost 6 weeks. Since the rear hatch latch plastic shows the slightest wear, I saw no wear at delivery. That was the hint that little work was done while it sat in Fremont. The 45 item punch list is being worked on (some items are within specifications).

The major benefit of the 2015 delivery was getting to take the tax credit sooner than later. Holding onto the Model S was another good move as I enjoy driving both at the present time. The local Service Center is very pleasant to work with and that helps. I will be more anxious to see things speed up when the CAV stickers for the HOV lanes arrive. Winter weather in the east will delay the cross-country road trip giving more time for Tesla to get those rear seats to fold down.

The major benefit of the 2015 delivery was getting to take the tax credit sooner than later. Holding onto the Model S was another good move as I enjoy driving both at the present time. The local Service Center is very pleasant to work with and that helps. I will be more anxious to see things speed up when the CAV stickers for the HOV lanes arrive. Winter weather in the east will delay the cross-country road trip giving more time for Tesla to get those rear seats to fold down.

Hmmm...Tesla's achilles heel is getting them damn seats to fold.

Hmmm...Tesla's achilles heel is getting them damn seats to fold.
This is not the 2nd row. Most Model X owners have perfectly fine folding rear seats. Even mine folded at delivery! However, according to the SC, a later software change required new hardware for my early teenage VIN. This is more amusing than frustrating. When I need to move large cargo, I drive the Model S.

When the post delivery needs occurred, I shifted the plan of writing a review to writing a future report on how Tesla provided Model X improvements to get everything working right. A comparison between S and X when everything is working can be done later.

I'll let Consumer Reports write a review!

Last edited: