Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of makes you wonder if some got some bad parts and now they have to back them off. It is probably a different crew than the line personnel so you could be parts and people constrained. The new cars probably don't have the issues yours needs retrofitting for.

But this is all a WAG on my part.

It's funny but I was having the same thoughts about the situation. I really don't think the car spends 2 weeks doing inspections unless they've found something wrong and needed to work on it.

I get that Tesla needs to deliver any car that's done and ready to go but this is pretty frustrating.

Of all the problems to have in life, this is one is so minor it's not worth worrying about... but I am.

UPDATES:

Just got another call from my DS yesterday. My production X P90DL is already at the local SC since 2/11. It needs about 2 more weeks for inspections, firmware upgrade, & calibrations.

When did you place your order (reservation #)? When did you confirm your order? What configuration? Are you taking delivery at Costa Mesa?

I am still waiting for my car to go into production, Costa Mesa also.

Thanks.

Congrats, antruong4!

I know my VIN 00013x is still sitting in QC at the factory as of late last week. (for those that will eventually ask, my info is below). Hoping my car starts moving across the country to the frozen tundra soon. :)

Reservation #: 107X
VIN: 00013X
Order Confirmed 12/1/2015
X finished and moved to QC: 1/22/16

Chatted with my DS today. Since last we talked (I try to limit my "are we there yet" emails to every two weeks or so), my MX is moved into production inspection, where it should spend a couple of weeks, before it does off to detailing. This is a Fremont delivery, so I don't have transit time to take into account before I can take possession.

Chatted with my DS today. Since last we talked (I try to limit my "are we there yet" emails to every two weeks or so), my MX is moved into production inspection, where it should spend a couple of weeks, before it does off to detailing. This is a Fremont delivery, so I don't have transit time to take into account before I can take possession.

When did your order confirm? I'm similarly trying to avoid bugging my DS.

Took delivery today. So far absolutely no issues. Car is amazing. Weather was crappy today so didn't drive it much. Will report more as I get used to it. Here are some delivery pics. I'll take some better one when the sun comes out.

Steve shared an album with you on Dropbox

Took delivery today. So far absolutely no issues. Car is amazing. Weather was crappy today so didn't drive it much. Will report more as I get used to it. Here are some delivery pics. I'll take some better one when the sun comes out.

It could be a camera aberration but is there a pinch/crimp/cut in the 3rd row driver's side seat back?

Look forward to seeing it in person. Noticed your MS is the same color combo as my MX but you went to the dark side for the MX. :smile:

I see it too: looks like a hard object was pressed into the seat back for some time, leaving an impression. Seat belt buckle got caught in there while the seat was folded, maybe?

You have great eyes. Yes it is an indentation, but not permanent. There is an issue with the third row seats. If you leave them folded they crease. It seems like the creases resolve themselves after it's unfolded for a while, but I have a feeling if you keep them folded for a long time it might leave a permanent crease. I'm trying to decide if I will live with the creases because I rarely use the 3rd row but frequently need the extra trunk space. The 3rd row is easy to fold, but difficult to raise.

Nice pictures...interesting how the color seems different with different lighting / flash, etc. Looks the same as mine except for seats and headliner.