Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Southern California and have recently chosen to pick up at the factory. Although I have not seen a VIN yet, I'm hoping that that I'll get one soon. Pearl White with all the packages and 20' wheels.

Interesting. Your X configuration is identical to mine except I have matte Obeche instead of Figured Ash and I'm in Colorado instead of California. I confirmed almost a month after you and have had a VIN now for a bit over 2 weeks. Makes me wonder what Tesla is doing, or if VIN assignment and production queue are micro-managed down to the wood trim availability.

Interesting. Your X configuration is identical to mine except I have matte Obeche instead of Figured Ash and I'm in Colorado instead of California. I confirmed almost a month after you and have had a VIN now for a bit over 2 weeks. Makes me wonder what Tesla is doing, or if VIN assignment and production queue are micro-managed down to the wood trim availability.

It's a huge difference between yours and mine. Your P90D has been promised to be delivered in the first half of 2016, while my 90D is scheduled for mid-2016.

This is for those of you who haven't gotten your VIN yet...
View attachment 113582

Chill!

I'm chill. I have no need for it sooner, but they continue to irrationally process things.

I'm taking delivery at the factory with the new law on buying in CA in effect.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a huge difference between yours and mine. Your P90D has been promised to be delivered in the first half of 2016, while my 90D is scheduled for mid-2016.

For a while in December, spring 2016 was in the configuator for the 90D.

New to TMC so point me in the right direction please. I have scrolled through this thread but don't see that many posts regarding ACTUAL deliveries on Production (non-Signature) Model X P90D. MY DS has been useless so hoping I will get some insights/answers here.

My Model X P90D was reserved 1/2013, ordered 12/2/2015 and confirmed on 12/9/2015. I got my VIN number assigned around 12/22 (not exactly sure). VIN number is 0308 and I ordered basically everything except L (22" Onyx Black, Tan Leather Seats, Seven Seat, Autopilot, Premium Upgrades. Ultra High Fidelity Sound, and Subzero Weather Package).

Has anybody had DELIVERY of a X (Production/Not Signature) with a VIN number near mine? What is the highest VIN number?

New to TMC so point me in the right direction please. I have scrolled through this thread but don't see that many posts regarding ACTUAL deliveries on Production (non-Signature) Model X P90D. MY DS has been useless so hoping I will get some insights/answers here.

My Model X P90D was reserved 1/2013, ordered 12/2/2015 and confirmed on 12/9/2015. I got my VIN number assigned around 12/22 (not exactly sure). VIN number is 0308 and I ordered basically everything except L (22" Onyx Black, Tan Leather Seats, Seven Seat, Autopilot, Premium Upgrades. Ultra High Fidelity Sound, and Subzero Weather Package).

Has anybody had DELIVERY of a X (Production/Not Signature) with a VIN number near mine? What is the highest VIN number?

there have been deliveries in the 300's, but none yet with the Black/Onyx wheels.

You in can see the stats by using the http://ModelXTracker.com

Just checked back on the MyTesla page today and it now gave me a total and asked for me to pay for the car (which I immediately did). I've e-mailed my DS a few times over the past two weeks for an update but haven't heard anything. I told them a while ago that I'm doing factory delivery so that should speed up the process since it doesn't have to be delivered to LA.

Just checked back on the MyTesla page today and it now gave me a total and asked for me to pay for the car (which I immediately did). I've e-mailed my DS a few times over the past two weeks for an update but haven't heard anything. I told them a while ago that I'm doing factory delivery so that should speed up the process since it doesn't have to be delivered to LA.

I would not have paid until I had inspected the car and we're ready to take delivery. It would not have effected delivery time. There are horror stories of people paying for their cars and not receiving them for months.

I'm in Southern California and have recently chosen to pick up at the factory. Although I have not seen a VIN yet, I'm hoping that that I'll get one soon. Pearl White with all the packages and 20' wheels.

I'm not picking up at the factory, oddly enough, mine is Pearl White with White interior, all pkgs and 20" wheels, and my white one hasn't got a VIN. However my Black on Black one has got a VIN (002007). Details in Sig.

Maybe the White seats are holding it back a bit, while they work out the seat thickness issue, and whether the new seats will tear the same way as the current ones.

I would not have paid until I had inspected the car and we're ready to take delivery. It would not have effected delivery time. There are horror stories of people paying for their cars and not receiving them for months.

Agree with this, paying in full is a rookie mistake, until you're there to pickup the car. Just take them a cashier's check instead.

I wish you best of luck DrComputer, keep us updated

Here's what I don't get. My original reservation sequence #, back when they were given in March, 2015, was 16,300. As I mentioned up-thread, I confirmed on February 18th and had VIN# 1645 assigned on March 2nd. Back when I bought one of the very first production Model S's in November, 2012 (P-83) I received a VIN # of 1571. I do not understand how my X could possibly have a VIN # virtually the same as my S. What happened to the 15,000 folks in front of me? Not complaining but seems very odd.

Here's what I don't get. My original reservation sequence #, back when they were given in March, 2015, was 16,300. As I mentioned up-thread, I confirmed on February 18th and had VIN# 1645 assigned on March 2nd. Back when I bought one of the very first production Model S's in November, 2012 (P-83) I received a VIN # of 1571. I do not understand how my X could possibly have a VIN # virtually the same as my S. What happened to the 15,000 folks in front of me? Not complaining but seems very odd.

Several reasons.
1. Only a small subset of reservation holders actually placed an order.
2. For the VIN, the sequence number is irrelevant. Only the confirmation date, the car configuration, the current moon phase and the alignment of the Cassiopeia constellation matter.
3. The Model S VINs have no relevance to the Model X VINs. They VIN sequence started back at 00001 with production X models.