Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a VIN assigned as well. I was Production Res# 27xx and got VIN #in the mid 300's. Ordered a P9OD. Its a bit confusing that people in the 4000's are having VIN's of 200+ but everything is confusing with Tesla so there ya go... Just excited to get the car soon... Maybe in a month or so?... I guess time will tell. I ordered the car fully loaded and pulled the trigger the day I got the email.

I just got a VIN assigned as well. I was Production Res# 27xx and got VIN #in the mid 300's. Ordered a P9OD. Its a bit confusing that people in the 4000's are having VIN's of 200+ but everything is confusing with Tesla so there ya go... Just excited to get the car soon... Maybe in a month or so?... I guess time will tell. I ordered the car fully loaded and pulled the trigger the day I got the email.

I don't think it's that weird. Out of 4000 people, how many a) don't want the X anymore (got another car, don't like certain parts after it was revealed, don't have the dough anymore), b) are waiting for a better time, c) ordered something that pushed them back in line (like a 70D)? Like I mentioned in another post, I would assume there are a lot fewer people in the production line who are fully committed.

Btw, do we have separate sequence numbers, or do people across the world share the same sequence number queue? If that's the case, then you can also exclude all those within the first 4000 that are outside the US.

Did you wait the full week to finalize, or did you configure and then finalize the next day?

I don't think it's that weird. Out of 4000 people, how many a) don't want the X anymore (got another car, don't like certain parts after it was revealed, don't have the dough anymore), b) are waiting for a better time, c) ordered something that pushed them back in line (like a 70D)? Like I mentioned in another post, I would assume there are a lot fewer people in the production line who are fully committed.

Btw, do we have separate sequence numbers, or do people across the world share the same sequence number queue? If that's the case, then you can also exclude all those within the first 4000 that are outside the US.
For Europe there is an other sequence number queue.

Dave, Each of these groups has their own sequence number range.
These were the reservation totals as of Sep 29, when sequential numbering ceased.
USA Sig - 1,436
Canada Sig - 71
Europe Sig - 592
USA - 21,282
Canada - 1,378
Europe - 4,416
China - 2,632
Hong Kong - 844
Australia - 98

P.S. - I enjoyed the few days I spent visiting the University of Waterloo years ago. I was working on a WATFIV project.

Production Reservation holder notified that car has entered production

I know a signature in Edmonton and I have Non- sig, Paul carter is one of the very first signatures reservation holders in Canada, and Brianvicars updates the thread of Latest date of reservation invited to configure.

Just wanted to post that I was contacted today by my DS and told that my X has entered production. I have a mid 100s VIN and confirmed my order on 12/1/15. DS had no further information about delivery date.

Awesome! So you are NON sig correct?

I am NON sig.

Reserved 2/10/12
Reservation Sequence Number: 124
Vin: 14x
Invited to configure: 11/23/15
Order placed: 12/1/15
Vin assigned: 12/28/15 (I think, that's when I first noticed:))
Call from DS: 1/12/15

P90DL, black metallic, black leather 7 seats, black headliner, black rims, all other options except cold weather package.

Delivery location: Dania Beach Service Center

Last edited: