Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you first log into my Tesla it will show a list of Tesla's you own, the full VIN is listed under the X. At least, that's where I see mine. It's probably in the source code of the page too.

I can see the whole VIN on MyTesla page, but that's because it let's me pick from one of the two Teslas I have. Unfortunately, my S will go away when the X comes...

If you don't have that and you go straight to the profile shot of the car when you log in, you can always find it in the source code, just like estimated delivery.

Probably dumb question , but got my VIN yesterday #26XX and was going to start getting some insurance quotes but realized it's not the whole VIN. How do you get the whole VIN? Or is the 4 digit thingy all they need?

My last four-digit VIN is also 26nn. When viewing page source (_vin_number), the full VIN showed 5YJXCBE20GF0026nn. Checked with two insurance companies and none was able to retrieve my full VIN.

Last edited:
To Find VIN # in Google Chrome: ( for Dummys like me )

In your My Tesla page , right click on your "Model X" six digit #
Choose "View page source"
In the View Source page in the top right corner, click the Triple horizontal bars button and choose "Find"
In the popup, type the Tesla code "5YJX"
Your VIN will be highlighted within the source page

The "Late April - May" in the source seems to be more of a place holder and not indicative of anything really. A lot of people were hoping that this was more meaningful, but I don't think so. As far as I'm aware, the status of my car has not changed, and yet I've seen that text in my page source go from "Late February - March" to "Late March - April" then it disappeared altogether, then came back yesterday and it now reads "Late April - May"

I'm production VIN #1101 P90D, VIN issued almost a month ago.... :/

Now it seems that the rest of the deliveries this month could very well all be to California or anywhere they can transport them in a single day in order to get their delivery numbers as high as possible for the end of Q1. I hope that's not the case, but I suppose I kinda understand it if true. OTOH, the rate of X production seems to be ramping quickly now.

There may also be a delay now with the white seats as they sort out durability issues and the backing material that Elon mentioned. I guess that's OK, as much as I want the car, I really want it to be as good as it can be.

I think the VIN's appear to be in batches and the estimates just get automatically incremented after so many VIN's have been assigned in a group. So these month estimates are just placeholders based on large numbers of cars in a given period. An actual car may change depending on features or perhaps even production issues etc.

Got our VIN a few days ago: 21xx
Hidden delivery estimate: Late March - April
Reserved: 12/20/2013 #7109

90D
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
22" Onyx Wheels
Black Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Headliner
Seven Seat Interior
High Amperage Charger Upgrade
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Accessory Hitch

I'm in the SF Bay area. So exciting!

The "Late April - May" in the source seems to be more of a place holder and not indicative of anything really. A lot of people were hoping that this was more meaningful, but I don't think so. As far as I'm aware, the status of my car has not changed, and yet I've seen that text in my page source go from "Late February - March" to "Late March - April" then it disappeared altogether, then came back yesterday and it now reads "Late April - May"

I'm production VIN #1101 P90D, VIN issued almost a month ago.... :/

Now it seems that the rest of the deliveries this month could very well all be to California or anywhere they can transport them in a single day in order to get their delivery numbers as high as possible for the end of Q1. I hope that's not the case, but I suppose I kinda understand it if true. OTOH, the rate of X production seems to be ramping quickly now.

There may also be a delay now with the white seats as they sort out durability issues and the backing material that Elon mentioned. I guess that's OK, as much as I want the car, I really want it to be as good as it can be.

When I received my VIN on 2/29/16, my page source said: "Late February - March"
Then about a week later, it said: "March - Early April"
And just a few minutes ago, on My Tesla page, just above VIEW DESIGN SPEC it says in plain view:

Your estimated delivery date is March - Early April.

It's not exactly accurate as some members on the day they picked up their X, their's said still in production...
Crossing my fingers I receive mine on or before April 16, 2016...