Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rumors are that the "Carbon" or "Onyx Black" wheels (the new name for them in the design studio) are not available yet. There are others that are seemingly being skipped over for VIN assignment with the black wheels also.

Does the Model X Tracker have a configuration report that shows only vehicles with assigned VINs? There's "ordered" and "delivered", but something inbetween would be great. I'd like to see which options don't have a single VIN on them yet.

Does the Model X Tracker have a configuration report that shows only vehicles with assigned VINs? There's "ordered" and "delivered", but something inbetween would be great. I'd like to see which options don't have a single VIN on them yet.

The "Assembly" report includes only vehicles that have a VIN assigned. Unfortunately, it does not appear this is an option on the Configuration Report screen, but you can do a data export and parse the data manually.

So I got my VIN in the 800s, even though I was production reservation 14,8XX. This suggests to me that the vast majority of reservation holders are either opting to wait, or are going for the non-P version. Or put another way, the non-Ps who have already confirmed may be getting their cars sooner than expected.

So I got my VIN in the 800s, even though I was production reservation 14,8XX. This suggests to me that the vast majority of reservation holders are either opting to wait, or are going for the non-P version. Or put another way, the non-Ps who have already confirmed may be getting their cars sooner than expected.

Non P or Non Premium interior. The common thread on all VINs to date is P + Premium interior package

Peter+

I also ordered 22" carbon/onyx black wheels and have vin #2xx (as detailed in my original post starting this thread).
Another piece of data regarding the onyx black wheels : I received an email from Tesla this evening advising me that the name of the carbon wheels changed to black onyx and that the paperwork has been updated to reflect this. No mention of a delay in building or delivering my Model X. Current soft date of mid February for my Model X arriving to Tampa SC.

Feel bad for you Mike, know that you've been waiting for a while. So have I but never reasonably expected to get early delivery since I didn't go P. Hope you get your VIN assignment soon.

I went P in part for earlier delivery, but I'm a bit torn at this point. I don't want it TOO early, would prefer after snow season and after they've worked out all the startup kinks.

I went P in part for earlier delivery, but I'm a bit torn at this point. I don't want it TOO early, would prefer after snow season and after they've worked out all the startup kinks.

Agreed - given some of the fit and software kinks that are still being worked out (thank you Founder and Sig owners!), don't actually mind taking delivery a little later.

Yeah, I'm ok with a later build. Actually waited for the res #s to build up (in 2013) for awhile for that reason. I was 3,660 production, so that's, in theory, around the 5000th one off the line, right? Then, after years, when the queue got tossed out for batching/revenue whatever, it looked like I might jump ahead, I got excited for an ASAP delivery. That's, of course, after having had to come to terms w the tragedy of 2nd row no fold uugh. Anywaaay... NOW I'm back to "take your time, get the pieces to fit right :rolleyes: & I'll be ready when you are dear Tesla" haha probably get my VIN tomorrow

added: as suspected/stated by others earlier, looks like the no premium pkg is the reason for a later place in line. (?) really don't know tho.

Last edited:
Invited on 12/8, configured on 12/10, confirmed on 12/17. No VIN yet.

[FONT=&quot]Your Model X[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model X P90D
All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
22" Carbon Turbine Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Figured Ash Wood Décor
Black Headliner
Seven Seat Interior
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Active Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Towing Package

[/FONT]

Yeah, I'm ok with a later build. Actually waited for the res #s to build up (in 2013) for awhile for that reason. I was 3,660 production, so that's, in theory, around the 5000th one off the line, right? Then, after years, when the queue got tossed out for batching/revenue whatever, it looked like I might jump ahead, I got excited for an ASAP delivery. That's, of course, after having had to come to terms w the tragedy of 2nd row no fold uugh. Anywaaay... NOW I'm back to "take your time, get the pieces to fit right :rolleyes: & I'll be ready when you are dear Tesla" haha probably get my VIN tomorrow

added: as suspected/stated by others earlier, looks like the no premium pkg is the reason for a later place in line. (?) really don't know tho.

Yeah... I was number 2700 in production (vin 3xx) and I am getting my car in the next five weeks. Its fully loaded. My guess is if you had ordered a fully loaded car you would be getting it much sooner. I will say I think its very unfair that they changed the order. Given how long people waited they should be able to have the car built how they want and not be punished for it. I guess Tesla has to cover their a*ss and keep that stock price up. Still wasn't the right thing to do in my opinion.

Invited on 12/8, configured on 12/10, confirmed on 12/17. No VIN yet.

[FONT=&amp]Your Model X[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Model X P90D
All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
22" Carbon Turbine Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Figured Ash Wood Décor
Black Headliner
Seven Seat Interior
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Active Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Towing Package

[/FONT]
Hmmm... surprised you don't have a VIN yet, with a loaded up P90D like that. I assume you log into your My Tesla page regularly? That's the only way you would know whether you have a VIN assigned yet.

-CB

He's not alone, my X is similar all options except Ludicrous and Cold Weather. Confirmed 12/15/15 and no VIN either. I don't think there is a distinct process. It seems more random. People with 70D have had contact from a "distant" DS. Lots with P90D have heard nothing. Some that have reservation #'s 2x mine have VINs that configured 2016. I am not in a hurry, and would like the manufacturing process to mature. At least I got the note on the 22 rim naming change, so someone knows I waiting.