Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X.png

My order only confirmed March 5 and my status officially changed today with an estimated delivery date. My expectations and plan was that I would not see this before the summer. I ordered the 22" OB wheels and even the gallery rep informed me that these would significantly delay the delivery so I'm shocked that it will be this soon. Even if they miss this by a month or so it will still be way earlier than I thought.

Last edited:
When I received my VIN on 2/29/16, my page source said: "Late February - March"
Then about a week later, it said: "March - Early April"
And just a few minutes ago, on My Tesla page, just above VIEW DESIGN SPEC it says in plain view:

Your estimated delivery date is March - Early April.

It's not exactly accurate as some members on the day they picked up their X, their's said still in production...
Crossing my fingers I receive mine on or before April 16, 2016...

WOW!!! Literally just a few minutes ago it changed!!! Now it says:

Your estimated delivery date is March 17, 2016 - March 31, 2016.

I just checked as well and my date still says April - early May but it's visible on the page now and no longer hidden. Sounds like maybe they have more confidence in these dates than we thought?

Or their web dev screwed up the page today. One or the other.

No sooner than I posted and now it has changed. Now it says April to Mid May.
View attachment 114400
My order only confirmed March 5 and my status officially changed today with an estimated delivery date. My expectations and plan was that I would not see this before the summer. I ordered the 22" OB wheels and even the gallery rep informed me that these would significantly delay the delivery so I'm shocked that it will be this soon. Even if they miss this by a month or so it will still be way earlier than I thought.

Mine says March 24 - 31.

given the volume of vin assignments in the last week and now seeing black onyx wheels out in the wild, could be they are hitting exponential ramp

May be the dates we are all seeing on our respective pages are real

i know some have had dates come and go, but those seem early Vin's with bugs they are working out hence taking longer

My delivery date is also March 24, 2016 - March 31, 2016? Seems unusual that so many people have the same delivery date range?

Yup, Seems like the default for California now? I still don't have my purchase agreement (trade-in appraisal will be on Friday), so there's just two weeks between finalizing the agreement and delivering the car. (Mine, and apparently 1000 others).

If they can pull it off, cool! But that seems like a very, very steep ramp up from the past few months.

My brother received his Vin 25XX. Southern Ca. Pearl White, Black Onyx Wheels, Black multi pattern interior, autopilot, 6 seats. Everything else standard equipment. Ugggg. I feel like I am the only one that has not gotten a Vin.

My hidden estimated delivery used to say late April - May and now says "You’ll be scheduled for an exact date and time closer to delivery."

Join the club. It seems that all those experiencing the joy here are in CA or their cars were in production before the queue shifted to CA only. White seats also seem to be a hold up at the moment. I expect that they will resume more normalized production after Q1.