TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Production now at 3500 Model 3s per week

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Nuclear Fusion, May 15, 2018.

1. Nuclear Fusion

2. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

Would be great if some of those were 19" Sport Wheels

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

The next problem will be to find buyers. They need the std battery pack soon.

• Disagree x 13
    • Funny x 2
  4. sooner

sooner Member

Last I checked I am still available for their current offering, just need an invite to configure.

<refresh, refresh, refresh>

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
  5. azred

azred Active Member

No, they need to improve the bottom line and not cut margins on individual sales anytime soon. What makes you think the demand for expensive configurations will dry up anytime soon?

• Like x 3
  6. kbM3

kbM3 Active Member

I switched from Aeros after the Edmunds review said they were better for acceleration, braking, handling and even ride. Plus they said it seemed like the suspension was tuned for the 19s. I hated giving up the efficiency though.

Unfortunately it seems like another side effect is that I’ll get my car later. I configured April 13.

• Informative x 1
  7. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Probably not. With P and AWD they'll open up lots more orders, I'll be very surprised if they accelerate SR prior to getting closer to satisfying higher specification. They have yet to sell much of the US backlog, almost none of the Canadian and still have quite a few LHD international markets unserved, much less the RHD ones. They'll have little reason to rush SR except to satisfy the clamor for an actual US$35,000 delivery.

• Like x 1
  8. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

#8 Dan Detweiler, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Respectfully disagree with this one. They have about a half a million buyers, many of which have been waiting for the higher optioned cars. I have no data to back this up but my gut feeling is that there are many more people waiting for AWD and Performance variants than are waiting for base configuration. Could be wrong but either way it's great to see more variants coming available.

Dan

• Like x 2
  9. sooner

sooner Member

Based on dates of reservations for those being invited to configure in US and Canada, this statement is only true for Canadian buyers.

10. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

Sure you do! Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deferrals has the list of reasons people have self-reported for deferring. 46% said they’re waiting for options that will increase the price (awd and performance), while the remaining are waiting on options that will lower or at least not significantly change the price.

Everyone is a self-selected participant in this “survey”, so not the best as far as statistics are concerned, but still good info.

• Like x 2
  11. Chris350

Chris350 Member

COME ON INVITE! I'm still awaiting an invite for the RWD LR! Take my MONEY!

• Like x 1
  12. N5329K

N5329K Active Member

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a standard battery pack version. There's a lot more cake to bake before they get to the icing.
    Robin

• Like x 1
  13. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

It was the tires that come on the 19's vs the 18's that make the difference, not the wheels themselves. If you put the same tires on the aeros you should see better performance.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  14. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

;) I think you missed including the appropriate emoticon in your post. With 450,000 reservation holders there is no shortage of buyer. Nothing remotely like that figure has ever happened before in automotive history. Even if Tesla waited another year before offering the base battery the company still could not produce enough Model 3’s this year to satisfy demand. But with the standard battery coming this year, along with Dual Motor and Performance options, it is clear to me that demand will exceed supply for many years, even after the next couple of Gigafactories (which will make batteries and complete cars under one roof) are operational.

• Like x 1
  15. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Come on VIN first lol. It’s been a month and no vin. No use in configuring and not getting vin

• Helpful x 1
  16. kbM3

kbM3 Active Member

Thanks. I just changed my order back to aeros.

17. RayK

RayK Member

For my own personal data point... I am indeed waiting for the information about the price and eventually availability for AWD (no interest for Performance edition). In my case, Late 2018 might squeak under the full Federal tax credit cutoff. However, with my wife having purchased a Honda Ridgeline AWD this past weekend, I may have a weaker desire to hold out for an AWD Tesla. Four or five more days and I should find out...

18. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Is production active 7 days a week ?

19. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Imagine there will be a ton of configurations when it is announced that the tax credit is close to being reduced/eliminated.

20. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

We will see how many reservation convert to sales. Elon seems to be very sensitive on talking about this.