Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until we get some actual numbers from Tesla about the starting cost of the base 90D (speculation is that it would be 93k), how much do you think the production P90D will start at? Will it be 20k over the base 90 and start at 113k (if the 90 indeed starts at 93k)? Or will you need a lot of the same options as the signature ones that start at 132k?

I'm on the fence about performance from a financial perspective. Of course I want it! If I could get it roughly 20-25k over base price then I would do it, but if it is automatically a jump up signature levels (roughly 40k over base) then I don't think its plausible for me...

Do we know what options are tied in with performance?

What are your thoughts?

Pricing out a loaded P90D Model S -- Upgrade seats, premium metallic paint (not multi-coat), 21" wheels, Air Suspension, Premium Sound, and Auto Pilot (No Ludicrous, No Sub Zero and No rear facing or pano roof) -- is $127,700 (including destination and delivery). If you add $5000 to it (according to Elon's tweet), you get $132,700. Assuming the Sig Red upgrade equals the 3rd Row seats, the $132K seems close.

Thanks for the response.

That's part of my question... can you get performance without it being loaded?

Do all the required options for performance automatically jump the price up to being a "loaded" X or could it be possibly be lower than the 132k that we have already seen?

Sigs also get their choice of wheels included so that's 4500 or more included. Sigs could potentially get a discount instead of a "tax" if a loaded Production costs more than a sig.

I'm assuming the pricing would work just like the Model S. Jump to Performance trim, P90D is an extra $20K from 90D. All other options are essentially add-ons (auto-pilot, air suspension, sound, subzero, rear seats, wheels, etc) are the same on the 90D vs P90D. Theoretically you could order the P90D without upgraded sound, standard suspension, no auto pilot, on 20" standard wheels, etc.

Thanks for the response.

That's part of my question... can you get performance without it being loaded?

Do all the required options for performance automatically jump the price up to being a "loaded" X or could it be possibly be lower than the 132k that we have already seen?

I don't understand why you expect to get an answer to this other than "we don't know yet". Tesla has not said, therefore we do not know. I think it's highly likely that there won't be any bundling of "performance" with things like premium sound and air suspension. Why would they do that for the X when they don't do it for the S?