Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Tire sizes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be a massive dick move and would net a lot of (well deserved) criticism from car enthusiast outlets and aftermarket companies. Might as well say that getting a different brand of tire will void the warranty.
My experience with my Model S is that Tesla will not void the warranty because of after market wheels/tires. However, if the after market wheels or tires are the direct cause of failure to the car (unlikely but theoretically possible), the warranty will not cover that specific repair. Also, Tesla won't do and alignment or tire rotation for after market wheels or tires, though some individuals have reported that their service centers are either inconsistent or more lenient with these "rules."

• Informative
Reactions: AngelArm1110
Sorry for bringing up an old post and it's probably too early to ask but is anyone thinking about getting 17" wheels for winter? I wonder if they will clear the brake calipers. I'm getting the 18" aero and want to get 17" wheels and tires for winter if possible.

There seems to be more choices for winter tire if getting the 17" and they will also be cheaper.

Sorry for bringing up an old post and it's probably too early to ask but is anyone thinking about getting 17" wheels for winter? I wonder if they will clear the brake calipers. I'm getting the 18" aero and want to get 17" wheels and tires for winter if possible.

There seems to be more choices for winter tire if getting the 17" and they will also be cheaper.
Until we know how much brake caliper clearance there is with the 18", hard to say if going down to 17" would be an issue. It's probably fine, but unknown at this point.

I was thinking the same thing. Just have to wait and see.