Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model X' started by engle, Nov 23, 2015.
Answer from tesla on how long you can wait to confirm:
We will begin test drives/viewings of the Model X’s at locations around the county starting in January 2016. As you may know we are working hard to get more and more information out to our reservation holders, so things like seats and cubic storage capacities are still being worked out and should be available by the end year. When it comes to colors, yes they are identical to our Model S colors, so you are able to see them in stores.
Also, there is no time limit on when you must order your Model X, so feel free to wait until you get all the information you need before you order and of course when the vehicle’s information is released. You won’t lose your place in line necessarily, we will simply add you into the earliest production slot when you submit your order. But, keep in mind that when you configure and hit the “order” button you only have 7 days to cancel this order after that you are committed to buying the car. Applying for financing or leasing is easily done from your MyTesla profile.
Stay tuned more information is coming out soon.
I find that statement misleading. You absolutely do lose your spot in line. If you are P#1 reservation holder and wait until March to order, a lot of other P reservations will have already been delivered.
But maybe there is a silver lining in there. Maybe that means that if I order a 70D or a 90D in a few weeks, I will slotted in before the other non-P90D orders from people with higher reservation numbers... wow, that's a complicated sentence... what I mean is that the production P90D orders will start going out very soon - you snooze, you lose... but it may indeed be that you don't lose your spot as long as you order before your "type" of Model X starts shipping... not sure that's much clearer
I asked this question today when I was called by Tesla to ask why I haven't configured yet. The answer was swishy but I got the impression that I wouldn't suffer a big setback if I were to order anything other than a P90D.
All that said, these deliveries sure are giving me an itchier trigger finger than they should.
No such problem at all here. Nope. We didn't talk about the different options for about two hours. Nor did we go back and forth if (assuming she likes the car), we could justifying a P90D. And of course we didn't spend any time figuring out that yes, a 90D might make more sense than a 70D a) because of the extra range and b) because of an earlier delivery but WAIT, that means we need to buy smart air which we don't want aaaaahhhhhhhh
Yes to all the above. Also, waiting for a 70D means you get the benefit of any minor improvements and issue resolutions they develop between now and when the 70Ds are ready. I ended up with the 70D. $17,500 (w/ tax) can compensate me for a lot of time waiting at superchargers because I don't have the extra 35 miles of range.
Since I can't poke around the configurator, have any of the prices / options changed?
I can say that from 11/30 to today, the prices and options do not appear to have changed. I've had conversations with inside sales about Tesla breaking up Premium and while they agree, they haven't heard anything about it happening. Nearly positive that the screenshots you've seen are the exact same as what's in there now - as they matched when I initially looked. If you have a specific question, I am happy to post a screenshot - while I can. Mine is going to confirm on 12/28 (yes, I'm still debating and stressing about my choices!) and I will lose access.
Not a specific question - i just like to play around with the options... thanks though!
Yea, $4500 to get fog lights... not gonna happen...
The issue with the way things are packaged right now is that it's all about revenue maximization. As a shareholder: "Bravo, Tesla!". As a buyer: "Cringe".
For those of us who feel it worth thinking about spending an extra $22k the Premium Package and the 90 vs 70 are really tough nuts to swallow...
I had similar misgivings - which is why I've repeatedly talked to inside sales about breaking up Premium. Then there is deciding on 90D versus 70D (no way I'm getting the P90D past the CFO) - being forced to pay for air suspension (not included, nice try Tesla) to get the extra range and acceleration. In the grand scheme of life, does it really matter that I get the car a few months faster? Do I get Autopilot now, hearing that in 7.1 they will limit autosteer and TACC to posted speed limit (making my family a moving target on the highway) - knowing that I can add it for $500 more later if it is actually usable on long trips? Do I want that extra $2500 on the value of the car for taxes and registration? Do I get Premium because I want really clean air and I live in the south and don't want to stick to the seats? If I do that, then I have to upgrade my interior. Do I get a seven seat config because it maximizes the interior space and seating, or do I get a six because it makes the cabin flow better and feel less cramped - and let me see my kids in the way back? I can't get the middle seat in row two out of the way (fold, remove, anything), so how do I choose? Do I wait on all these decisions so I can, ya know, actually touch one before I make some pretty expensive decisions - and effectively lose my place in line to get early access to my dream car?
This process certainly falls under the heading of first world problems! It, nonetheless, has been stressful. Good luck on your journey!
I don't foresee Tesla, or anyone 'limiting' TACC to the speed limit. It's anti-american.
However, I like to tow with my current SUVs, and from what I've read the tow package needs the air suspension, so I'm leaning towards the 90D. I had also originally thought Hey, I can get away with a 70D, but if my wife ends up with my S85, and I get an X, which is bigger, and has auto pilot... which do you think we will take on long trips..? yea.. the X. If I was to do it all again? I'd get a S70 for the wife, and a X90D for me
No one has ever arrived at their destination and thought... well damn I could have made that with way less battery...
However I'm sure some one some where has not made it to their destination and thought... damn... I could have bought a bigger battery
Still haven't test drove the X.. so all this still hinges on me actually liking it in person, although I'm sure I will. Else, it's me ending up with a new(er) CPO'd S90D or S85D.
Lately I'm looking at this differently: spending extra for a P90D would save me endless hours of time obsessing over Model X posts on TMC while waiting for the 90D. [emoji1]
Right!?!?!? I have no idea what I will do with my free time once I get the dang car. I suppose, work extra to pay for the thing!!
I'm surprised the tow package does not require the 90. I'd be concerned that with a heavy load and wind that a 70 couldn't make it between superchargers.
The tow package could be used for hauling with accessory attachments. Short distances for taking out trash containers, moving sporting equipment or having a small yard trailer for tasks on a larger property might be used more than the U-Haul, boat or travel trailer with a long haul.
I think you just talked me into the towing package.
If you assume the non tow is coil suspension and the tow is active suspension range could be similar due to lowering height at highway speeds.
Model S springs 5.65"
Model X springs 7.2"
Model S active suspension 4.7" to 6.4"
Model X active suspension 5.11" to 8.2"
Being able to lower the front to around 5" vs just over 7" on coil will gain you some range offsetting the aero/weight of the trailer at least partially.
If after that, the 70 driver doesn't have enough range they might just have to drive slower to make it, if the load requires. But before someone whines about that, not all routes and loads will require driving slower.