Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised you don't think the filter will be worlds better than those in any other vehicle. Did you watch the presentation?

Yeah I did and I hope that it is as impressive as they make it! I know it will be much much better than any filter out there now, but I'm wary that it will not be able to produce pure clean air as they claim. Like if I'm behind a 30 year old pick-up that has no business being on the road, I'm wondering if this HEPA filter will truly make it as if that truck is not even there! I'm just thinking of scenarios where I think it may not hold up, and I hope I am wrong. Plus the 4.5k (really 7k with the leather package) is a big add-on to an already wicked expensive car. Still on the fence on premium package...

- - - Updated - - -

Forgive me for being a relative Tesla noob, but how does Slacker and TuneIn work? Do you have to rely on the data connection/signal within the car? Or do you tie it in with your phone? I wouldn't mind being able to forgo the high fidelity sound system if I could listen to decent music on Slacker whenever I want. Is there a subscription service to Slacker?

If you view source on the configuration page there is a listing of all of the options as data towards the top of the page complete with indications of what options require what other options. Unfortunately it is all one line with no spaces so it is hard to read. If someone is good with reformatting and matching curly braces with commas they could probably extract a list of pre-requisites for all of the options and post it in a readable form (an HTML table?) to help answer all of these "can you get A without B?" questions.

I had a low sequence number in the 1,100 block, put in my order about a week ago, but I was not sure about the model and options so I wanted to cancel my order process and be put back to the same spot in the queue. I talked to Tesla this morning, here's what I was told -

1. Canceling out the order process would cancel my old reservation and I will have to make a brand new reservation to be put to the end of the queue. Pretty bad situation for me, I misunderstood Tesla's 7-day confirmation policy.

2. It was Tesla's goal to invite all reservation holders by the end of the year to configure their Model X.

Thought this information might be helpful to some of you.

You can put in a change order for a $500 fee. I don't know if you can put in all changes at one time for $500 or if it is $500 each. I would ask about that before cancelling the entire order.

Yeah I did and I hope that it is as impressive as they make it! I know it will be much much better than any filter out there now, but I'm wary that it will not be able to produce pure clean air as they claim. Like if I'm behind a 30 year old pick-up that has no business being on the road, I'm wondering if this HEPA filter will truly make it as if that truck is not even there! I'm just thinking of scenarios where I think it may not hold up, and I hope I am wrong. Plus the 4.5k (really 7k with the leather package) is a big add-on to an already wicked expensive car. Still on the fence on premium package...

Well, it'll be interesting to see the reviews in such situations. I hope it lives up to the hype!

I had a low sequence number in the 1,100 block, put in my order about a week ago, but I was not sure about the model and options so I wanted to cancel my order process and be put back to the same spot in the queue. I talked to Tesla this morning, here's what I was told -

1. Canceling out the order process would cancel my old reservation and I will have to make a brand new reservation to be put to the end of the queue. Pretty bad situation for me, I misunderstood Tesla's 7-day confirmation policy.

2. It was Tesla's goal to invite all reservation holders by the end of the year to configure their Model X.

Did you get a feeling that all reservation holders world wide would get to configure by the end of the year, or all US reservation holders?
Or has anyone else heard if they are thinking world wide or US?

Upgrade what? There are currently no cellular packages available. All cars currently include unlimited use. You can upgrade slacker directly through them, but there is no benefit on the model S as the radio UI doesn't expose the additional features.
There is benefit as with an upgraded Slacker account you get more control over what you can play. For example you can play an album sequentially and if I remember correctly you can actually create an Artist station where all of the songs are from the artist, not just 25% or so that is the default with the Tesla Slacker account. I had an upgraded Slacker account for a couple of months and there was some benefit to this, but I preferred Spotify, through my iPhone, to Slacker. There is also speculation that the free cellular data may last beyond four years - I guess we will see in about nine months when the first Model S's reach their four year birthdays.

I don't imagine this is applicable to the Model X but some of us Model S drivers have upgraded the radios in our cars from 3G to LTE as Tesla didn't start shipping LTE in their cars until around May of 2015.

I don't imagine this is applicable to the Model X but some of us Model S drivers have upgraded the radios in our cars from 3G to LTE as Tesla didn't start shipping LTE in their cars until around May of 2015.

How did you upgrade the cellular radios in a Model-S to LTE? Did you take it to Tesla or is there some kind of after-market solution?

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that's your first post. That sucks. You appear to have chosen an appropriate handle, as the news must sting.
Thanks. I was surprised Tesla was quite rigid toward my situation, thought they'd be a little more flexible for people who have waited for over three and a half years, plus multiple delays of the X. I'm ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I've learned a lot from the forum members, before my first post.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely useful - thanks for posting, and welcome! (I'm fairly new, myself)
Thank you. I've learned a lot from the forum members.

- - - Updated - - -

Why note work with them to modify your order instead of cancelling. They may relax the penalty or reduce it to a small amount that would not effect you too much
My situation was I was torn between the P90D and 90D, it would be hard to change models after the order is confirmed. Thanks for the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

You can put in a change order for a $500 fee. I don't know if you can put in all changes at one time for $500 or if it is $500 each. I would ask about that before cancelling the entire order.
Yes, I was told I can make multiple changes at the same time for a one time charge $500. My situation is I may want to change models, not just options, hence the painful lesson of not fully understanding the 7-day confirmation policy. I let my enthusiasm take control and jumped the gun. :wink:

Tesla has many faces. Have you talked in person with the local Sales Manager? Sometimes they can work magic on behalf of a customer, when someone on the phone or in an email finds it easier to say no. Just a thought, it worked for me some months ago.

Did you get a feeling that all reservation holders world wide would get to configure by the end of the year, or all US reservation holders?
Or has anyone else heard if they are thinking world wide or US?
I'm not sure if the statement was for US or WW. To repeat, I was told it was Tesla's goal to invite all reservation holders by the end of the year to configure.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla has many faces. Have you talked in person with the local Sales Manager? Sometimes they can work magic on behalf of a customer, when someone on the phone or in an email finds it easier to say no. Just a thought, it worked for me some months ago.
I did talk to a supervisor of the inside sales, he was pretty firm on his NO, he also read the terms and condition to me a couple times, that was not a pleasant experience I have to say. I met a very helpful store manager locally before the X launch, I contacted her via email and phone, have yet to hear from her after a few days. I'm not thrilled, but I'm ok with the situation. Just hope my experience can help my fellow forum members in their X configure/order process, and not make the same mistake.

I'm not sure if the statement was for US or WW. To repeat, I was told it was Tesla's goal to invite all reservation holders by the end of the year to configure.

- - - Updated - - -

I did talk to a supervisor of the inside sales, he was pretty firm on his NO, he also read the terms and condition to me a couple times, that was not a pleasant experience I have to say. I met a very helpful store manager locally before the X launch, I contacted her via email and phone, have yet to hear from her after a few days. I'm not thrilled, but I'm ok with the situation. Just hope my experience can help my fellow forum members in their X configure/order process, and not make the same mistake.

This is a job for Jerome....but alas, he is gone. I would gently 'push' for a better resolution. Ask the local store manager for the email address of head of NASales. A nice email there won't hurt.

Sorry this happened to you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk: Which part were you confused by? After you submit an order you have 7 days to make changes before it confirms (or you can confirm it early). After that, it's $500 to make a change, and it's not always possible. Did you think you had 7 days after the order confirmed?

This is a job for Jerome....but alas, he is gone. I would gently 'push' for a better resolution. Ask the local store manager for the email address of head of NASales. A nice email there won't hurt.
Good suggestion. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry this happened to you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk: Which part were you confused by? After you submit an order you have 7 days to make changes before it confirms (or you can confirm it early). After that, it's $500 to make a change, and it's not always possible. Did you think you had 7 days after the order confirmed?
I thought I could void the order process within 7 days and got back to where I was in the queue originally. Not so, I had to go to the end of the line.

According to my purchase order changes can be made within 7 days of the date of confirmed Order without cost. To quote: "We will submit your Order to the Tesla Factory for production one week after the Order Date. During this one week period, you may cancel your Order or make any changes to your vehicle configuration without incurring any costs." My purchase order for example is dated Nov 30 when confirmed. Sounds pretty clear that 7 day free change period should start from date of that Order.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize that. Once you start the order process, the clock ticks, I suppose. I also thought that I could pause and take a break, if so chose. That being said, I decided to just pony up and order a P90D so I could avoid any more waiting time. So done waiting. Been 3.5 years. That's enough. I'll downgrade after this lease, if I want. For now, it's all in :)

I thought you could change the configuration with a $500 fee.

Edit: Sorry just noticed this is already mentioned.