Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is not obvious based on the Design Studio, but I am fairly sure heated front seats is standard. The cold weather package gives you heated seats in the 2nd row and 3rd row (if ordered). It also gives you the heated steering wheel, washer nozzle, and wiper blades.

I *think* they are just using a single image of the P90D with the active spoiler deployed.

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a 90D in March or April.

disagree: heated seats with sub zero pkg & not without.

Also, both the spoiler and the red brake calipers say "available on P90D only" BUT you can DE-select them if you like.
Sure hope I didn't order anything that delays me any further, but seriously, who knows at this point. My order turns into a pumkin at midnight tonight! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:A beautiful, AWD, zero-60 in 3.something pumkin. (On Order :rolleyes:)

#5699 configured and ordered. Noticed several things... no option to add on a HPWC, no option to add on Extended Warranty and no option to add on a Service Plan (*edit: found a new thread addressing this question: Model X Service Plans) . Is this going to a a "do you want to add" thing when they call for us to make final payment arrangements?

Also, does anyone know if you get the bike/ski rack included if you add on the Tow package? Will that be an optional accessory available in the shop later on?
I forgot to ask the question about the hitch mount rack being included or not today when I called. I would expect it to be offered as an accessory later though.

Actually, they are using the deployed spoiler pictures for the 90D and 70D as they come with a fixed deployed spoiler. The P comes with the active spoiler and the pictures all show it in the down or hidden position.
Huh? If that's true then I feel we have all been seriously misled. Fixed deployed spoiler?!! You heard it here first folks.
!! Actually, all the pictures I've seen show it up ... So ...

I too was under the impression that the front 2 seats come with heated seats, and the sub zero package would allow all seats in the cabin have heated seats as well as a heated steering wheel, etc.

So does anyone know for sure if that is the case?

also, the only way to get ventilated front seats is the the 4.5k premium package... ugh...

Sorry, multi-quote doesn't seem to work (cuz I don't know how)
There are 2 hitch arrangements: "accessory hitch" which is a 1 1/4" receiver and is the bike rack thing, but should be able to tow small things (?) omg don't quote me that one! OR the "Tow Pkg" which is the 2" receiver plus beefier mount and some software, which has the weight ratings for stuff.

Answer: NEITHER of them come with the stuff to stick on them. Ski rack or a Boat - parts sold separately. :frown:

Just reporting what the studio is showing. Also some speculation in another thread here or at teslamotors.com, can't remember. ;-)
just seems weird because they play up the "only available" and the "improved handling" and the "1.6 % efficiency improvement at highway speed" right on the order page. I actually don't require the spoiler considering extra complexity/weight/increased repair cost, whatever, but I ordered it cause it's "only available" on the P! (& included in the huge price increase, Right?) Anyway, the way you'd (Tesla'd) get past that expectation of mine is if you said, "that's the ACTIVE spoiler". I'd be shocked, SHOCKED! :rolleyes: if that is what's going on.

I have been wondering about the air suspension. This would be my first Tesla, so don't have any feel for the difference between air suspension and coils for driveability, etc. You seem to not be a fan. Why?
So I obviously have no idea if the same holds in the Model X. With the Model S I like the direct response that I get from my coil suspended car (I first had a Model S 60 with coil suspension and drove about 25k miles in that, now I have a P85D with coild, about 13k miles so far). For a number of reasons my P85D spent a lot of time at the SC and I had several different Model S with air suspension as a loaner and they confirmed my earlier perception that the air suspension feels a little "buffered" for lack of a better term. I especially disliked the way it felt going across the speed bumps in the 25 zone on the way from my house to my daughters' school - a road I drive a lot...

So this is a personal preference and we've had a number of threads about this on TMC on the past and quite a few people with a lot more experience with sports cars and with high performance driving disputed my perception. So this is by no means a consensus opinion.

I too was under the impression that the front 2 seats come with heated seats, and the sub zero package would allow all seats in the cabin have heated seats as well as a heated steering wheel, etc.

So does anyone know for sure if that is the case?

also, the only way to get ventilated front seats is the the 4.5k premium package... ugh...

I configured a week ago and no longer have access to design studio. I am 99.9% certain heated front seats is standard. Also, same confidence level on ventilated seats is only available as part of premium package.

just seems weird because they play up the "only available" and the "improved handling" and the "1.6 % efficiency improvement at highway speed" right on the order page. I actually don't require the spoiler considering extra complexity/weight/increased repair cost, whatever, but I ordered it cause it's "only available" on the P! (& included in the huge price increase, Right?) Anyway, the way you'd (Tesla'd) get past that expectation of mine is if you said, "that's the ACTIVE spoiler". I'd be shocked, SHOCKED! :rolleyes: if that is what's going on.
Not totally sure I get your last sentence but that's the way I understand it. The P gets the active spoiler that adjusts to offer the most aerodynamics and tucks itself in when you park. Although, it must be a function still being fleshed out as (as you've noted) all pictures of founders P versions have shown it to be deployed even when parked. Unless they have a way to keep it up all the time.

I configured a week ago and no longer have access to design studio. I am 99.9% certain heated front seats is standard. Also, same confidence level on ventilated seats is only available as part of premium package.
I've been telling people it's included because it is on Model S, but the fact is the Design Studio doesn't list it anywhere in the standard features which is why people ask about it. I do think that there's an overwhelming probability that they are included.

Would someone that has access mind posting a screenshot of the tan seats with black headliner? I've searched (and searched!) and have only seen the tan with light colored headliner. Im 16,xxx so living vicariously through all of you. Thank you!

Tan seats with black headliner photo

Would someone that has access mind posting a screenshot of the tan seats with black headliner? I've searched (and searched!) and have only seen the tan with light colored headliner. Im 16,xxx so living vicariously through all of you. Thank you!

From my config...
interior.jpg

ModelXTracker | Production (United States) # 4202: MODEL X | Titanium | 20 | Tan | 6S | VHCS | OWM | BA | | PIL | AP | | |

Thanks for posting. Would this be decent with a silver exterior?

I've had so much black interior over the years, I want to try something different. I would actually prefer grey leather but it's only offered in Model S config and there's no way I'm going to wait more months for it to become available...
I think that would look nice with silver. We have grey leather/light grey headliner on our current car and like that pretty well, but as you mentioned, grey's not an option on the X (at least, not yet). We haven't confirmed yet but are leaning toward black leather or multi-patterned fabric. Really on the fence about black or light headliner.

I just spoke with inside sales. Heated front seats are standard. The upgrade includes heated 2nd and 3rd row seats plus heated steering wheel.

Also, both the spoiler and the red brake calipers say "available on P90D only" BUT you can DE-select them if you like.
Sure hope I didn't order anything that delays me any further, but seriously, who knows at this point. My order turns into a pumkin at midnight tonight! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:A beautiful, AWD, zero-60 in 3.something pumkin. (On Order :rolleyes:)