Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone post tan seats with white headliner or light alcantara for comparison? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 9.21.10 AM.png

I just spoke with inside sales. Heated front seats are standard. The upgrade includes heated 2nd and 3rd row seats plus heated steering wheel.

Thanks for calling. I'm so glad that I've decided to wait to configure --- by the time some cars actually get released (and people provide feedback on whether they've made good decisions) I'll be in a better position to make my choices.

We went with the black headliner and tan seats due specifically to the apparent signficant color mismatch b/w the seat color and headliner color. Perhaps it's not so stark in real life, but the black seemed to work better with the black trim on the seats and other trmi features.

I was thinking that black looks better as well. I was ALSO thinking that it would be real nice if they could get the headliner to match the upgraded seat options. I feel like a seamless color transition from the seats to the headliner gives a very luxurious feel. Plus, tesla would only really need to offer one more headliner option. The difficulty being matching colors on different materials (leather and alcantra)...

#5699 configured and ordered. Noticed several things... no option to add on a HPWC, no option to add on Extended Warranty and no option to add on a Service Plan (*edit: found a new thread addressing this question: Model X Service Plans) . Is this going to a a "do you want to add" thing when they call for us to make final payment arrangements?

Also, does anyone know if you get the bike/ski rack included if you add on the Tow package? Will that be an optional accessory available in the shop later on?

Quoting myself now...
Anyway, the paint protectant also wasn't offered as an option when ordering...is that still an option with Model S?

Last edited:
email and configuration question

Hello. I am a new member just registered today. I been reading this forum for last couple of months and have gotten valuable information.
I got the email to configure my model X yesterday (Res #75xx). If I click on the configure now button that is on the initial email I am assuming it will take me to the design studio. The question I had was that, can I play around with the design studio for three weeks or so before I click on the order now button in which I will then have 7 days to make any changes before its confirmed. I know most will want to configure and get it confirmed right away but I didn't go to the reveal so I would be choosing options and colors without really seeing how it would look on the X. Some colors and options might look good on the S but might not be the case with X.
I went to the Tesla Store in Brea,CA but it seemed I knew more about the model X then they did (thanks to this forum of course) so they couldn't help answer my questions.
thank you.

Hello. I am a new member just registered today. I been reading this forum for last couple of months and have gotten valuable information.
I got the email to configure my model X yesterday (Res #75xx). If I click on the configure now button that is on the initial email I am assuming it will take me to the design studio. The question I had was that, can I play around with the design studio for three weeks or so before I click on the order now button in which I will then have 7 days to make any changes before its confirmed. I know most will want to configure and get it confirmed right away but I didn't go to the reveal so I would be choosing options and colors without really seeing how it would look on the X. Some colors and options might look good on the S but might not be the case with X.
I went to the Tesla Store in Brea,CA but it seemed I knew more about the model X then they did (thanks to this forum of course) so they couldn't help answer my questions.
thank you.
Welcome to TMC!

You can use the design studio as long as you want (well, months.. eventually Tesla will ask you to order or ask for a refund of your deposit.) The 7 day countdown starts when you click order. You can continue to make changes in the design studio during this time without cost. After 7 days, or if you click confirm before then, your access to design studio ends and any changes (if possible) must be done by phone or email and costs 500/each.

thank you.
Yes. Play with it as much as you like, for as long as you like. (Yes, I realize how that sounds. Get your mind out if the gutter! ;-) )

The clock doesn't start ticking until you click the "order" button.

We went with the black headliner and tan seats due specifically to the apparent signficant color mismatch b/w the seat color and headliner color. Perhaps it's not so stark in real life, but the black seemed to work better with the black trim on the seats and other trmi features.

I have an S85 with tan seats and the standard light headliner. I have no issues with it - they are different, not particularly close in color, and not trying to match. But to each his/her own - that's why there's a configurator.

On my first S I ended up with the black interior specifically because the tan option didn't match the headliner. Complete miss match, imho. On the second S I got the tan interior because I was able to get the black headliner.

On my first S I ended up with the black interior specifically because the tan option didn't match the headliner. Complete miss match, imho. On the second S I got the tan interior because I was able to get the black headliner.
On my first S I had gray seats and the regular light colors headliner. Looked perfect.
On the P95D I still have gray seats but it comes by default with the alcantara headliner. And I didn't realize until after taking delivery how badly the cooler gray and the warmer light sand color would clash. Oh well. I don't know if I would have liked a black headliner better. In the service loaner it seemed to make the interior appear smaller.

I have an S85 with tan seats and the standard light headliner. I have no issues with it - they are different, not particularly close in color, and not trying to match. But to each his/her own - that's why there's a configurator.

I have the same combo, but it appeared that the color mismatch was more on the configurator. If it is the same leather color and same headliner color then yes, I agree, they match fine.