Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Productive Saturday - with pics!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you get the front struts from?

I'm tempted for this if I can find some gas powered ones ideally like the stock ones just with a bit of extra push but even abstract ocean are listing theirs as unavailable.

Where are you putting the brighter internal lights?

Not been in mine in the dark yet so haven't checked the lights out!!
Perfuw Tesla Model 3 Front Hood Lift Support, Automatical Lifting Pneumatic Front Trunk Struts With Spring And Stainless Steel Washer, Tesla Model 3 Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XKJDM46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_yhJYEbAA8PGP6

But I see they are currently unavailable too. Also they seem to have a low rating. All I can say is I’m currently very happy with mine.

You don’t need to refit the plastic clip/surround on the boot lights, the trim holds the lights in perfectly fine. You’ll struggle to get these back on without pulling the trim down. It’s an unnecessary extra step.

As you say, the boot lights will stay in place (somewhat loosely) without their respective rectangular retaining clips being in place ... however, I was never completely happy with that so subsequently had another go ... this resulted in some valuable learning ... one of the clips eventually snapped into place in the way it's designed, after using maximum hand strength, but the one on the other side just wouldn't go and broke along just one side of the rectangle, which was brilliant! This isn't a problem because it makes the clip more springy so it snaps into place easily in exactly the way you want! If I was doing the job again I would use some cutters to cut one side of the plastic clips. For anyone who hasn't seen the clipping arrangement on the boot LEDs this probably doesn't make much sense but you will quickly understand what I'm describing once you get in there!

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Did you get the rectangles back on without pulling the trim down? Wouldn’t mind having a go if so, but don’t want to be unclipping trim if I can avoid it.

No, I didn't remove any trim. The clips can be passed through the hole in trim so you can easily access them to cut and then push them back through. Getting into a position to clip things together is awkward of course. I'm a small person so getting "in amongst it" was easier than for a big guy ... if that's the case then this is an instance where child labour could be recommended!

Reactions: Durzel
@Drew57 They look lovely, think I'd have some massive OCD trying to fit them straight! Do they come with any fitting guides?

@NastyNick83 No worries, message me your address on here and I'll pop them in the post today.

Noel,

Thanks for the door stickers. Fitted today
394AEAE7-9DA4-40A4-B856-8CCD3B8526D0.jpeg
D6DFC051-B0FD-4DA7-B98D-79C1B7DC2226.jpeg

Bit of an update. My trunk and trunk struts arrived today, these ones US $16.9 |LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| - AliExpress super quick delivery.

Fitted nice and easily, only slashed my hand once with the sharp screwdriver but better that than slashing the car!!

Boot works exceptionally well, really strong and the air pressure in the strut is strong so makes a cool sound and slows it down on the way up.

I'm wondering if my previous boot struts just couldn't handle the extra weight of the spoiler? They worked a couple of times but seemed to be temperature dependent. If anyone wants them I can post them for a charitable donation. Suggest not a performance.

Frunk struts are a bit strong but not sure if I want to risk uneven twist or load by doing one old and one so suspect they'll be fine

Loving this thread and thank you spending my money.

So the phone charger thingy, is the Percy one everyone is using. Could you post a link up to where to buy from.

Also, could you let me have info in the dashcam storage install bits and bobs.

many thanks, get these bits ordered then some struts, this seems to the next. Or power close??????

ummmmmmm

h

@hctip taptes is the site you want

Wholesale Tesla Aftermarket Accessories | TAPTES Alternatively jeda but they’re a LOT more expensive and the taptes stuff is more than good enough imo

It’s their usb hub / storage cubby for the ssd

their wireless pad too.

If you’ve got an LR or a SR+ You’re welcome to my first pair of aftermarket sprung boot struts.
They work for many people but not consistently for me which I’m thinking maybe down to extra weight of the spoiler.

Sticky plates update - I’m going to have to hold off installing the front one as she’s going into tesla in a few weeks for a couple of minor delivery issues one of which is a possible paint blemish on the front bumper which might need spraying which means no point sticking the front plate on right now

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
@hctip taptes is the site you want

Wholesale Tesla Aftermarket Accessories | TAPTES Alternatively jeda but they’re a LOT more expensive and the taptes stuff is more than good enough imo

It’s their usb hub / storage cubby for the ssd

their wireless pad too.

If you’ve got an LR or a SR+ You’re welcome to my first pair of aftermarket sprung boot struts.
They work for many people but not consistently for me which I’m thinking maybe down to extra weight of the spoiler.

Thats great buddy and many thanks for the info.

Lovely gesture on the struts but its a Performance thats coming.

Many thanks again

h

Sticky plates update - I’m going to have to hold off installing the front one as she’s going into tesla in a few weeks for a couple of minor delivery issues one of which is a possible paint blemish on the front bumper which might need spraying which means no point sticking the front plate on right now

Got my front sticky plate in the post the other day, just waiting for the right time to get it fitted. Will look so much smarter.

Mrs Mead was insistent she likes the Tesla boot logo and it must not be removed. In addition, the emblem had to match the “T”...so another month went by waiting for the Chrome Gen 2 emblem to arrive from Abstract Ocean. My preferred matte black emblem now lies unused (as I was planning on removing the “T”).
Just finished the install with the “T” retained. I’m very happy with the result. What do you think?
3D772F77-7AC4-4175-88B1-B8212271F3F3.jpeg
23363AFC-267E-482F-A3A7-186B2D3B11F3.jpeg
7C7C96A3-E702-4A59-915F-B607E56CBC7A.jpeg

Mrs Mead was insistent she likes the Tesla boot logo and it must not be removed. In addition, the emblem had to match the “T”...so another month went by waiting for the Chrome Gen 2 emblem to arrive from Abstract Ocean. My preferred matte black emblem now lies unused (as I was planning on removing the “T”).
Just finished the install with the “T” retained. I’m very happy with the result. What do you think?
View attachment 547305 View attachment 547306 View attachment 547307

I spy with my little eye, 2 TESLA's!

Reactions: TheManofMead