Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Productive Saturday - with pics!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Managed to polish out what I thought was a blemish so both stick on plates installed.

not fully happy with front one so suspect I’ll need to redo that one.
A21E2964-52F2-4F9B-A109-5AB990C1DCF0.jpeg
6DCFEFD1-E135-4FA9-AF3E-C98E7F5070C2.jpeg
1929FA2E-486B-47AB-9F18-DA0373D91548.jpeg
620B4A29-8F2B-45D7-B76B-65B94BE1EB17.jpeg
6FE3CA68-28DE-4068-92E9-A702F8A1C785.jpeg

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
It looks as if you did very well with the double curvature at the front. My own attempt was not as good, and suffered from ineradicable creases. In the end I removed it (2 hours, including a hair dryer) and replaced it slightly higher up. Now very pleased, with a nice smooth surface.

It looks as if you did very well with the double curvature at the front. My own attempt was not as good, and suffered from ineradicable creases. In the end I removed it (2 hours, including a hair dryer) and replaced it slightly higher up. Now very pleased, with a nice smooth surface.

two hours to remove it?!?! Eek!! it doesn’t look too bad this morning just not quite as stuck down in the top corner and the right middle as it needs to be which will inevitably lift further especially with moisture so will need to put a new one on

I’ve asked them if they’ll replace if not I’ll buy one again, more soap in the water next time I think. Still not sure what to do with the holes to avoid the marks there, I’ve flattened them down with a drill but by hand already

two hours to remove it?!?! Eek!! it doesn’t look too bad this morning just not quite as stuck down in the top corner and the right middle as it needs to be which will inevitably lift further especially with moisture so will need to put a new one on

I’ve asked them if they’ll replace if not I’ll buy one again, more soap in the water next time I think. Still not sure what to do with the holes to avoid the marks there, I’ve flattened them down with a drill but by hand already
I'm taking all the learnings for when I fit mine!

The stick on number plates thread is great, I've got a new front plate on the way to me.

Was my fault as I lifted it when it was too stuck down to try and sort the bubble on the hole. I'll see if some of those that have got a perfect finish can advise what they did with the holes in that thread.

Yeh man, I've been following it for all the best practice tips.

With regards to the holes, I read the best thing to do was countersink them to get rid of the burring that occurs from the screws. I saw that some have used bluetack to level off the hole too.

You don’t necessarily have to go with the stick on front. I simply reattached the Tesla plate after removing the housing. More information in the thread on stick on plates, but I’m very happy with the result.View attachment 547537View attachment 547538

I wanted a lighter plate, so ordered a vinyl one. I have used the original plate on the rear, but the front will be vinyl as I believe having it flush with the surface will be more aerodynamic, albeit the difference will be tiny.