Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Products I decided to use for cleaning the car (maybe it helps somone else)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after way too much searching I finally found products that should work for me. I have 2 kids and no time to go crazy detailing a car nor do I want to do that anymore, I did it years back and I'm past that point. I have ceramic pro on the car and front PPF which I assume is ceramic coated.

I had Aerospace 303 for the interior, but after trying it a few times, it was streaking all over the place. It is a number of years old so maybe it is bad, either way, I don't have time for that. The surf city garage Dash Away that I have is also easily as old as the 303 and no streaks, don't even have to buff it. Just spray on MF and wipe. Easy and done so that will be used for interior. When that runs out I will probably buy Griots Garage Interior Detailer as the price is right, it comes in gallon sizes, and it appears to get good reviews.

For the exterior I decided to go with a few different products depending on the need. I will get the Carpro Ech20 as a water-less wash as it supposedly leaves some ceramic coating, but regardless it won't hurt the ceramic. There are many many times when I need something to clean the car quickly after a bird, etc does their business on the car. 500ml is about 19 dollars or so with shipping depending where it comes from and will make something like 160 oz of waterless wash.

Since I have a pressure washer, I figured what easier way to clean the car then to shoot it with a foam cannon and rinse it off. (I might do some scrubbing in between as well :)) I decided on Adams wash and coat for this as 64 oz is 25.50 and you use 3-4 oz a time. From reviews I've read, it leaves a decent coating that lasts at least as long as Hydrofoam and supposedly works better.

Finally, every few months, I will use the Mckees37 Hydro Blue pro that you just spray on and rinse off.

For me these were the most cost effective products that check all the things I need to do.

I just bought this for spraying on my tires. Ive tried sooo many products and they all spray off during driving and go all over the side of the clean car. The tires get a nice shine. Bought at Oriellys
coverall-can-good.png

I have a separate brush on a handle I keep exclusively for wheels and tires. After cleaning the car I use the left over soapy water on the tires then wheels. Does a pretty good job. I get the little left over dirt on the wheels when I dry them.

Lots easier than getting down on my hands and knees.

Only use tire dressing when I won't be driving the car for a while. Need to give it time to dry or it slings goop all over the side of the car. Need to go over the tires with a dry cloth to remove the excess and give the tire a nice soft glow.

Not a big believer in cleaning tires honestly. They are tires and meant to get dirty.

LOL -- easy to expand that logic to the car as well...especially the lower half!

Anyways, what was posted is a dressing, not a cleaner. For those of you that have actually cleaned tires, you know how much gunk comes out of the rubber! Amazing how much better dressings go on and last when tires are fully clean prior to application.

Need to give it time to dry or it slings goop all over the side of the car. Need to go over the tires with a dry cloth to remove the excess and give the tire a nice soft glow.

Yeah, tire dressing sling sucks. Best way to avoid is to first pick a water-based dressing (pretty sure the aerosol one posted in this thread is NOT water-based) and apply it on thin. If you let it dry 30+ minutes it shouldn't generally sling.