Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Professional Dual Dashcan Installation in Southern California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing a Blackvue is super easy in the Tesla (installed one in both my Teslas in about an hour) - first one took longer because I had to figure out routing. Once I figured that out, the second one took about 20 minutes.

Clip the power wire about 12" long, wire it into the little connector under your microphone grill for power. String the rear camera wiring in the trough in for the pano roof if you have one (if you don't have Pano roof, you'll have to string it along and under the trim on the drivers side. Where the rear C pillar trim mates up to the roof, string the rear wiring through it and into the trim in the hatch and along there until you place the camera in the middle. You'll have a wiring stringing from the hatch to the C pillar in the corner, but it's barely noticeable and not in the way of anything. You can't see it while driving, only when opening the hatch from the rear.

Easy as pie.
Pictures or videos?

Installing a Blackvue is super easy in the Tesla (installed one in both my Teslas in about an hour) - first one took longer because I had to figure out routing. Once I figured that out, the second one took about 20 minutes.
..........snip...........
Easy as pie.
If it's A model S, true. Not the X though. Just got of the phone with the Chino Hills Cali -dashcam installer who - when I said we have a 2 channel install on an X ... he says, "no can do". Sounds like they tried, and it must have kicked their arse. At least he was up front about it. Saved me a 70 mile both ways drive & a couple hours. I know the thread is somewhat dated ... & dropped in the 'S' catagory - but since the thrust was 2 channel camera installs, hopefully the thread nazi's will go easy & show a bit o grace
;)

Last edited: