Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Professional Sales, I think not...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you to the people with helpful positive comments. :) as for the rest...love you, be seeing you in my Tesla 90D.

It is a wonderful car. But I also wonder if this is the right decision for you. If buying this is such a source of distress, you'll be incredibly frustrated at every little thing that goes wrong. And, with 100% certainty, something WILL go wrong. They're getting quite a lot better, but they're still a fairly new, fairly low volume vehicle from a new company. A friend of mine who recently bought one describes Tesla as being "half car, half hobby".

Reactions: Chopr147
Thank you to the people with helpful positive comments. :) as for the rest...love you, be seeing you in my Tesla 90D.
I understand your points. As with any purchase YMMV. I have bought motor vehicles in seven countries, including the UK. Of one thing I am certain, experiences are not consistent. I am sure that the more definitive one purchase intentions are, the lass hassle there will be. Despite the Tesla people being on salary rather than commission their overall motivation still is sales. I have not had the experiences you have had, but I do not think they should have been as they were either.

That said, IMHO, the S90D seems to me to be the best choice for current UK conditions, including Motorways and inclement weather. Less battery would have been cheaper but would have been a breeder of the dreaded 'range anxiety'.
of course, if you choose to drive 'the ton' which your Tesla will do very happily, you can still have range anxiety and/or threaten your driving licence.

Have a wonderful time with your new Tesla!

From the perspective of someone who never drove (in) a Tesla, but has seen loads of videos, the S60D seems like just about the best deal. The 90 and 100kWh versions, are overpriced. Especially the P and L components. This make the P100DL on sale now effectively just about twice the money it should be.
The S60 is not overpriced IMO, for an innovative product that's still the best you can buy in its class. Due to Tesla trying to grow quicker even than anticipated, their entry level car has not been priced down, actually it's priced up. I'm sure production costs have plummeted, althought they still commit a lot of engineers to updating the S/X line. The S60 bought in 2017 is better than the 2012, but that's natural progression.

Sales people are why I buy online. By the time I'm ready to commit, I know more about the product than the sales person.

This experience is the main reason I'm now rather 'meh' on some of my favorite brands, including Mercedes, Porsche and Audi. The experience was just THAT impressive to me.
Agree 100% I wanted a BMW but cannot for the life of me remember why :)
Part of my job is dealing with people and as we all know some people are just difficult. No matter what is said or done that person knows better than you.
If buying this is such a source of distress, you'll be incredibly frustrated at every little thing that goes wrong. And, with 100% certainty, something WILL go wrong.
Sandpiper makes a good point here. To the OP. 2160p, TMC is a great place for info and a good place for venting as long as the venting is legit. TMC members have a way of sniffing out the trolls. IE...... rusted out brakes,suspension complaints. You will have some problems with the car (most likely minor) but I get the impression "minor" is "major" with you. Sorry;)
Good luck with your S! You will love it if you learn to ease up on the spilt milk

Ok. So.

Intelligent Blue-eyed voluptuous blondes are overrated.

Now, you join a forum dedicated to such intelligent and beautiful creatures, and state the above. Publicly seek such a creature out via online dating, compare them, stomp feet because someone suggests that you don't really want a particular intelligent Blue-eyed voluptuous blonde, then turn around and see if a friend can set you up with an even more intelligent beautiful Blue-eyed voluptuous blonde all while wondering about your online subscription plan?

I think you want a green-eyed redhead. That will turn out well.

PS. To blondes, redheads, and all of those of the fairer, and obviously more sensible sex. This is not meant to be sexist, but to question the OPs original premise.

Reactions: u00mem9