Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profile completion and trade in - did my SA screw me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MY on 5/31 and tried to complete my profile right away since I was told by my SA that I wouldn't be "in line" for a car until I do so. I think the next day I was asked for an odometer picture for my trade in, which I provided right away, and they came back with an offer valid until 7/1 but it does ask for pictures of the title before I can accept the offer. I don't have the title where I am now, so I asked my SA repeatedly if not providing the title yet means that my profile is not complete, and he assured me that I'm already in line for a car and that I shouldn't worry.

Despite this, I am worried. I just got an email reminder today to complete my pre-delivery tasks. Does anyone know for sure if this means my profile is incomplete? I would be so angry about this. If I knew that this was causing any delay I would have just clicked "I don't want to trade in a vehicle" right away. I don't understand why Tesla would make it so hard to figure out if you're actually in line or not - I understand that they can't just magically produce cars faster, but they clearly have this information so why can't they just make it clear...

You should be fine. I had a VIN assigned and a delivery date scheduled before I completed the trade-in section since Tesla took like two weeks to finalize the offer and ask for my title. As soon as you initiate the trade process and submit that first form it allows you to enter the queue.