Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profile Control from Outside the Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model 3. I am tall. My wife it short. Both of us are old enough to be a little stiff and creaky.

For me to get in comfortably, I need the easy entry profile to have the driver's seat almost all the way back with the wheel retracted a bit. When she gets in, she's so far back that when she goes to change to her profile, she has to grab the wheel to pull forward enough to operate the touch screen. I drive the car more than she does, so mine is the default profile most of the time.

Is there a way she can switch to her profile from the app? Or set it up so that it recognizes that her phone is the only one present and pick her profile when she starts the car?

Yes, the next time she unlocks the car and gets in, have her manually change the profile to her. Then goto the keys screen and press the person icon next to her keys. That will associate her profile to her key so anytime her keys are used to inlocl the car, it will change to her profile. You’ll need to do that same.

Look at “Linking a Driver Profile to a Key” section of Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: EVNation
@jmaddr has good advice. Just be aware that the car will sometimes select the wrong profile.

Best I know, it goes with the first phone that connected, certainly not the phone nearest the driver's side.

And AFAIK there's no way to pick a profile from the phone app.

Last edited: