Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profile keeps defaulting to wife's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm baffled by default profile behavior. Both my wife and I have profiles set to Easy Entry. Both set to phone bluetooth. My profile is set to primary. However, if she was last one to drive (and sometimes even if she wasn't!) when I press on the brake and shift to D, the profile switches to her profile and I get crushed in her seat settings. Every time, I have to quickly manually switch profiles to stop from getting mashed by shorter seat setting.

In comparison, my Audi knows which key unlocked the door (even if wirelessly) and sets profile to the owner of that key. Why is this not happening with my Y? Seems basic.

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated. Thx!

Reactions: herrhosko
i would record it on your phone. then create a ticket in your app. let them know you have a video of it and will attach it to the ticket.

our MYLR's sentry USB kept unplugging. noticed it was warm in the morning. the car is parked in the garage overnight so why is our USB warm, is it recording, reading, writing all night long? i recorded every time i get in the car and gave them 3 videos. a few days later, i get a software update with trailing numbers and letters in the version. seems they may have given me "special" update just for my issue. it was fixed after that. but i think a video would help them greatly.

I have wondered about the profiles as well. If both people are in the car how do they distinguish which person is the driver? Do they just assume a defaul? My wife and I often alternate.
there's a default. my wife's Y we have both our profiles. but since she drives it mostly, she's default. but when i'm driving it on the weekends and we're both there, it still defaults to her. the only time i notice is when one of our phones ring. what bothers me is if her phone rings and she's connect to the car, i can't disconnect her and connect me to bluetooth while the call is active.

I'm baffled by default profile behavior. Both my wife and I have profiles set to Easy Entry. Both set to phone bluetooth. My profile is set to primary. However, if she was last one to drive (and sometimes even if she wasn't!) when I press on the brake and shift to D, the profile switches to her profile and I get crushed in her seat settings. Every time, I have to quickly manually switch profiles to stop from getting mashed by shorter seat setting.

In comparison, my Audi knows which key unlocked the door (even if wirelessly) and sets profile to the owner of that key. Why is this not happening with my Y? Seems basic.

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated. Thx!
I posted almost exactly the same problem before I saw yours, so if you haven't gotten any advice yet, I probably won't either. It's frustrating to have to quickly select your own profile as the seat moves you closer and closer to the steering wheel. Bummer. Shouldn't happen and shouldn't be so complicated to set up, assuming we've missed some important step in the process. Let's hope you or I get some expert advice.

My wife and I occasionally have this issue also. I would imagine that not everyone has a multi-Tesla household, but for those of us that do it's something that comes up that is kind of hard to bug test for Tesla and report back. I can be in the house, and her car will once in a while think it's me - she tells me all the time.

On another note, I swear that my profile in My 3 feels different than the profile in my wife's 3. I feel quite certain that the seat position, steering wheel, and mirrors aren't quite the same. I don't know about this cloud thing. I was thinking I might get a waist measuring tape and measure the distance from my head to the headliner and measure the distance between my chest and the steering wheel just so I don't feel crazy, because I'd be shocked if it were identical as it's supposed to be. I guess it synchronizes the driving modes and Spotify, but I was hoping it would actually feel a 1 to 1 match between vehicles. They're both 2022 Model 3's, so I would imagine it should be the same even if it may have small variables in an older model and a newer model, or across different models.