TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

profile picture not showing up

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by johnr, Jun 15, 2009.

1. johnr

johnr Member

I just uploaded a new profile picture, but it's not showing up. I can see it in the control panel but not next to any of my posts...not even the ones I made subsequently. What gives?

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Your "Avatar" (not Profile Picture) is what shows next to your name.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

4. johnr

johnr Member

Thanks guys, I couldn't find the controls for avatar so I assumed profile picture was it. LOL I'm such a noob sometimes :redface:

5. Mischa

Mischa Member

Hi,
    I tried to Add / Upload an pic As my avatar, but was Not able to find the right menu, just got something like "reset Avatar and delete the pic"

IS my Account too New?

Cheers
    Michael

6. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I've tried multiple times to upload an avatar with no success. When I browse for the picture and click Save Changes I just get a message that says Unable to save image. I created an 80 x 80 pixel image of 16kb which is within spec.

To change your avatar you need to go to the drop-down menu near the top of the forums called "Forum Actions" and then "Edit Profile". Then look for Edit Avatar under general settings on the left side of the page.

7. EmeraldSkye

EmeraldSkye Hopeful future MX owner

I wonder how many posts are needed to enable the avatar function?