Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profile problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just had both keys recalibrated and setting up new profiles. My profile gave option to link to key 1 but my wifes did not. This means the settings are not made when we enter the car:-(Any ideas why the option is not available on key 2?
I have deleted both profiles and re-made but same issue.

Thanks.

I've had no trouble linking to whatever fob is used to open the car. The process is like this:

1) create settings

2) Fob 1
- lock car with fob 1 (one press on roof of fob)
- unlock car with fob 1 (two presses on roof of fob)
- Driver Profiles menu
- Select profile you want to use and then press "link to fob 1" which looks like of like a web page link

Repeat for fob 2

My problem is that even though the profile are correctly set and linked, it doesn't seem to switch profiles unless I unlock the door with that fob. When my wife comes in the house she puts her fob in her purse in a closet and the car auto locks When I use the car and come home I put my fob in a drawer in the entry and the car auto locks. If she drove it last, when I go to the car with my fob, the handles auto present, but the profile doesn't switch to my profile.

But if I double click my fob to unlock, then it will change the profile when I open the door.

Another "beta" feature that almost works.