Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Program pano vent height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CHG-ON

Still in love after all these miles
Hi guys,

Sorry to start yet another thread. But I could swear that I saw one that talked about being able to program the pano vent height through a trick. But I can't remember what it is. Ahhh, getting older.

I have searched and searched and can't find it. The search facility has much to be desired. If I wasn't dreaming and this is true, could the poster either respond to this thread or PM me with how to find it?

Thank you so much!

Hi guys,

Sorry to start yet another thread. But I could swear that I saw one that talked about being able to program the pano vent height through a trick. But I can't remember what it is. Ahhh, getting older.

I have searched and searched and can't find it. The search facility has much to be desired. If I wasn't dreaming and this is true, could the poster either respond to this thread or PM me with how to find it?

Thank you so much!
Not sure if this was the thread you were looking for....

5) PANO ROOF HATCH MAXIMUM HEIGHT: The hatch maximum opening position can be set by manually putting it in the position you want then pressing and holding the close button unti there's a beep (~3 seconds). [efusco]

To search this site, I used the following search strings in Google:
Code:
site:www.teslamotorsclub.com adjust pano vent height
site:www.teslamotorsclub.com adjust pano roof vent opening

But on re-reading, I don't think it's what you were asking for. :confused: It sounds more like he's talking about the liftgate height adjustment, not the pano roof.

And I now remember this thread, which talked about how there was a firmware update sometime last year which changed the pano roof vent position so it was barely open at all, and there didn't seem to be any way to manually override that.

However, this may be the potential trick:

If going to vent from the closed position, it'll only open a crack. If you vent from an open position, it will be bigger than a crack, maybe an inch and a half elevated. So I checked it out myself after he told me this, and yes, it's true. He said the reasoning behind this was that this was part of the solution to reduce wind noise.

Last edited:
That's the one! Thanks. But you are right. That is for the trunk. I just tried it with the pano and almost lost a finger. Surprisingly powerful close. No change to the height. It still raises about 1/2 inch. But it is quieter than before. I mainly wanted to do it to air the car out on a sunny day after all the rain we have had. I guess it is easy enough to open it a bit and then back it down to vent. It does stay open maybe an inch. I have no idea if it makes any difference, to be honest.

Thanks for the reply.

Mods, you may want to delete this post now since the question is answered and there is no ability to set pano vent height. Your choice!

There used to be a 15% setting, which was perfect when the car was parked. However some whiners couldn't figure out that it was only for when the car was parked and complained that it whistled while driving, so it was removed.