Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programmable charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the way you can tell the Leaf when you want the car to be finished charging. Of course you can also tell it when to start, but I only use the finish function. Right now I use it so that the Leaf and Roadster don't charge at the same time, because the Leaf messes up the timer on the Roadster.

Arizona Public Service currently has an EV charging plan that is estimated to cost about $196 per year if you are willing /able to charge the car between 11pm and 5am. $16 per month for "fuel" for the car will do nicely. A programmable charging system would be ideal.

I like the way you can tell the Leaf when you want the car to be finished charging. Of course you can also tell it when to start, but I only use the finish function....

I also like to "charge based on departure time" with my Volt. Warms up the battery in the winter. This also minimizes the time spent at max SOC, which should help battery life in real EVs, which charge to a higher SOC than the Volt.

GSP