Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programming a new Key FOB for Model 2020 Tesla X Series

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost Key Fob for my Model year 2020 Tesla X series car, It seems that Model year 2021+ have a different technology for Key Fobs and I am unable to find/order a Key Fob from the Tesla website. So I ordered a new one from eBay and I am not able to find instructions to program the Key Fob.

I am looking for instructions in the manual to program the Ky Fob by myself but it seems that I need a Tesla Service Technician to do this. I was quoted a price of 210+ dollars to program the Key Fob (which seems very excessive).

I tried calling the Springfield, NJ Tesla Service center but could not speak with anyone (had to leave a message).

I am hoping that someone on this forum had a similar need and were able to program thei Key Fob by themselves.

I lost Key Fob for my Model year 2020 Tesla X series car, It seems that Model year 2021+ have a different technology for Key Fobs and I am unable to find/order a Key Fob from the Tesla website. So I ordered a new one from eBay and I am not able to find instructions to program the Key Fob.

I am looking for instructions in the manual to program the Ky Fob by myself but it seems that I need a Tesla Service Technician to do this. I was quoted a price of 210+ dollars to program the Key Fob (which seems very excessive).

I tried calling the Springfield, NJ Tesla Service center but could not speak with anyone (had to leave a message).

I am hoping that someone on this forum had a similar need and were able to program thei Key Fob by themselves.
It is not possible. Only Tesla Service can program legacy key fobs. Open a service ticket. Only the newest fobs for the refresh are user programable.

Reactions: mbp11