Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programming HomeLink for a Micanon PRO-TB garage door opener (Canadian product)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I have a Micanon PRO-TB garage door opener (a Canadian product) that operates the single door of my 3-car garage. I have not been able to program HomeLink in either my 3 or my X to communicate with the opener. I’ve tried both Standard and D-Mode, following the onscreen instructions in the car. I know where the “Learn” button is located on the door opener. I have the dedicated remote for the opener, supplied by the garage door company that installed the Micanon opener and I paired it so that it works to open and close the door and I used the remote as directed in the onscreen instructions for HomeLink, but without success.

The company that installed the garage door openers in my condo building had a service person come out and make sure my garage door opener was working correctly, and it is, but they could not offer any advice on why my cars cannot communicate with it. In my condo building, all residents are provided with a special fob that gives access to the elevators using NFC, the underground parking entrance using the first button on the fob, and their own garage door using the second button on the fob, and my fob opens and closes my garage door. That is the standard way that residents in the building access their garages.

I have read through the Micanon PRO-TB door opener manual but it offers no useful information for my issue that I can find.

When I lived in California I had the HomeLink in my cars programmed to open/close my garage door, so I know how to do it. But that was a typical residential garage door opener for a one or two-car garage. The Micanon PRO-TB opener apparently operates differently, maybe using a frequency or protocol that Tesla vehicles do not recognize, I suspect.

Hoping that another Tesla owner with a Micanon PRO-TB opener can provide some insight.

EA688CE6-792D-41E4-BA5D-C12C636ED98E.jpeg3C5CD253-FF7B-40D1-B818-D64041B46ABF.jpeg47745CAA-C703-4803-8711-3E3DA6A0A070.jpegBB6C90C4-B8FE-4797-B8CA-32B757228FE0.jpeg

Last edited: