TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

programming homelink for condo gates...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jlucero, Apr 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jlucero

jlucero Member

i used to live in a regular house with a garage and had no problem programming the homelink with the Model S. now i live in a luxury condo where i have a gate remote to open a garage gate. im having such trouble programming the homelink for the vehicle. is this something that isnt possible to do?

2. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Have you looked online for the howto for the specific gate you have. When I moved I had a bitch of a time programming my homelink until it occurred to me that the process might be different for the different manufacture of garage door opener at my new place.

Sure enough ! :FACEPALM:

3. jlucero

jlucero Member

Hmmm, i havent looked into it. not sure how to find that out. this is a condo that houses 100 people. ill look into it.

4. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Is the Tesla recognizing the additional remote, but when you go to use it, the gate doesnt respond?
    For my neighborhood i have to get very close to the gate for the tesla to be able to transmit and open the community gate.
    When programming the car, you have to basically program it at the gate and you actually push the remote when it is like 3 inches from the front .

Hope that helps!

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Maybe a stupid question I admit, but can I program RFID tags? My weekend house provides tags which aren't picked up thru the glass. Wondering if I can try the same programming process with a tag......instead of a remote.