Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

programming homelink for condo gates...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i used to live in a regular house with a garage and had no problem programming the homelink with the Model S. now i live in a luxury condo where i have a gate remote to open a garage gate. im having such trouble programming the homelink for the vehicle. is this something that isnt possible to do?

Have you looked online for the howto for the specific gate you have. When I moved I had a bitch of a time programming my homelink until it occurred to me that the process might be different for the different manufacture of garage door opener at my new place.

Sure enough ! :FACEPALM:

Is the Tesla recognizing the additional remote, but when you go to use it, the gate doesnt respond?
For my neighborhood i have to get very close to the gate for the tesla to be able to transmit and open the community gate.
When programming the car, you have to basically program it at the gate and you actually push the remote when it is like 3 inches from the front .

Hope that helps!

Hi,
I live in a condo and I do not need to close the garage door when I leave, the garage door system does it automatically. (MS85D December 2015 with Version 50.2)
Before the last update everything was “ok”, not fine just ok. Comming in, it would sense when I was getting close to the door and would trigger. Often triggered too early, I had to come in maybe a little fast for it to open the door. Many manual interventions were necessary. When I was getting out from the garage it was ok. It would sense that I was getting close the exit and sent the signal.

Now comes the update (or should I call it a downgrade)

I was happy to see that the new version offered the distance feature. With it, it works a little better when coming in, but when I am going out it does not even show the green icon nor does it send a signal. I have to do it manualy, and then it works, from quite a distance should I add.

Reading all the complaints about it, I guess that all I have to do is wait for the next firmware version. Unless someone found a workaround.
Thankx,
Michel