Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programming HomeLink Tesla model X with Nice Flor-S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At work we have automatic gates from Flor-S. Handdevices are Nice Flor-S. But I can't get my Model X programmed for these gates. As per instruction I stand in front of vehicle and I keep pressing the device, but no blinking headlights. On screen message says no signal detected. Strange because the same device opens and closes the gate. So it does transmit a signal. Any tips from somebody ? Or does Tesla not support Flor-S devices ? Thanks

No idea whether it's compatible or not, but you could use this instead:
Chamberlain

Should work with pretty much any gate, I found it easy to install.

Well yeah I could try that. But that doesnt explain why obviously my Tesla X doesnt accept the signbal of my tansmitting device to open the gate. Tesla X light dont blink and onscreen message says no signal detected. I ma preety sure if I get my Tesla X to accept the signal I can get the gate receiver to work with the homelink in my car.

Maybe some more tips ?

I already assumed you had done the minimal effort of typing
'flor-s gate homelink'

into a search engine, clicking the first result and read the text:
'Is my garage door / gate system compatible?
Homelink is compatible with a number of garage door and gate systems from Nice, BFT, CAME, MHouse, Merlin and more. Homelink is compatible with fixed code remotes (that are programmed via dipswitches), but is incompatible with most newer rolling code remotes (whose code changes each time is it used), such as BFT MITTO, Nice FLOR-S and Nice ONE'

I didn't do any more investigation than that, but I'm pretty sure its incompatible

Yeah...but the issue is...why doesnt my Tesla X accept the signal from my handheld transmitting device. Because the car should learn that first befor I can continue on to programming the receiver a the gate....
So thats what I couldnt figure out. Not with Google. Noty with manual. Not with youtube.....
Sorry if I wasnt to clear with my question.....

Car can clone Homelink compatible signals, you're not sending a Homelink compatible signal which means there is nothing it can clone.

I don't know if this analogy helps: it's like trying to use a wifi repeater to extend a bluetooth signal

• Funny
Reactions: gelden
Yeah I understand the analogy. But but disappointed that Tesla doesn't support FlorS. It is a major supplier of automated gates and I just can't imagine that Tesla would not support them. Anyways. It is what it is. Unless anybody else has any good tips on that issue?

Update: according to compatibility list Nice -which is the manufacturer of Flo handheld device- is compatible with Homelink.

Now why would my Tesla not accept the signal then?

Last edited:
Did you figure it out?
I just got a Nice spin garage motor with a Flo4r remote and i cannot make it to work.

The car can learn the remote and stores the signal, but it only works once, then the next times it wont open the door. Im sure it is because of the rolling code. But if there would be a way to teach the car from the garage motor maybe we could make this to work. Or maybe using UR-mode.