Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Better Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Too bad they never managed to sign up taxi fleets. Fleets that require low downtime are where the battery swap tech makes a lot of sense.

I wonder what Shai Agassi's role will be in the future. He really is the face of the company, and his enthusiasm to me is what sells it, while their pricing model only seems to increase costs. Don't know why Jim Motavalli compares the former CEOs of Better Place and Coda, though. I've never seen Kevin Czinger as charismatic.

Reactions: father_of_6
Too bad they never managed to sign up taxi fleets. Fleets that require low downtime are where the battery swap tech makes a lot of sense.

I wonder what Shai Agassi's role will be in the future. He really is the face of the company, and his enthusiasm to me is what sells it, while their pricing model only seems to increase costs. Don't know why Jim Motavalli compares the former CEOs of Better Place and Coda, though. I've never seen Kevin Czinger as charismatic.

They do. The airport of Amsterdam, has a better place facility that only serves Renault Fluence taxi.

The only bit related to Better Place:
Better Place has closed on $50 million toward a $100 million convertible note round from two existing investors, as new management of the operator of charging infrastructure for electric vehicles reevaluates its ambitious and expensive business plan. The company’s investors in the convertible note round are its primary backers Israel Corp. and HSBC Holdings, according to Joe Paluska, spokesman for Better Place. “No other majors joined the round,” Paluska said in an email. Better Place’s large investors, which didn’t participate, are VantagePoint Capital Partners and Morgan Stanley