Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project: Model 3 Race car [project model 3 racecar on the Nuburgring / "The 'Ring"]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AAAAND I came today with a review, and not only! I have also checked how much battery did degrade during 2 years and 10.000 KM in the Race track. Most of the time we were charging up to 100% and using a lot of supercharger. And by track mode - it was constantly in very very high temperatures in the battery while racing it. Check the video for review and degradation check

Youtube video: Ringfreaks Tesla review and battery degradation

View attachment 1013629
Great update! Amazing to see such low degradation after 10k km basically full throttle and almost only super charging. I used to hear rumors that if you drove a Tesla like you stole it, you could kill the battery in 5000 miles (8k km). This pretty well puts that rumor to bed.

Great to hear the "engine" noise! All the talk about how EVs don't have any sound because they're too quiet is mis-placed. It's just different sound. I love the electric motor hum, it reinforces the emotional response to all the speed. Reminds me of driving electric bumper cars as a kid at the amusement park. I want a door in my car somewhere I can open and let more motor sound in sometimes.

What kind of lap times are you able to do? Anything interesting? I can't remember if you covered that yet in any videos or updates here.

Thanks! For better comments you can check Ringfreaks instagram reel about this Tesla sounds :)) nearly 1k comments just hating it :D

I personally love both electric and V8 sounds, they are different but both inspiring.

Didn't cover yet lap times - will make a hot lap once track reopens and weather allows. But sub8 is not a problem. It's in m2/m4 range for lap times.

Some more review of our Race tesla and my brother Norbefilms takes in on the nurburgring. Even it wasn't driven too fast as he has no experience here - you can see how easy it is to drive it and how stable it is. Also you can learn something new from Martin!

TESLA ON THE NURBURGRING

TESLA ON TRACK.png

Reactions: Sweed269 and tm1v2
Some more review of our Race tesla and my brother Norbefilms takes in on the nurburgring. Even it wasn't driven too fast as he has no experience here - you can see how easy it is to drive it and how stable it is. Also you can learn something new from Martin!

TESLA ON THE NURBURGRING

View attachment 1036955
As you probably can understand, your friendly comment on this guy's times not being the most aggressive makes us keen to hear how quick lap times you have seen on this vehicle :)

What are some of the best laptimes and highest speeds at Schwedenkreutz you have pulled from the logger? :cool: