Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Project Palladium" = big refresh to Model S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Federal rules should also allow Laser headlights and I believe Audi are pushing for this change.
The rules should be changed so that European rules are OK temporarily, so as to avoid the delay crap.
Lets have 1 set of rules around the world wherever possible.

Is anyone expecting these new versions to have 500+ miles of range? I thought that was the whole point of the tri-motor configuration - pushing the envelope on both performance and range.
That would be great if Tesla did something like that. Not sure where they would put the extra batteries for increased range. Roadster was rumored to have two rows of vertically stacked batteries for 600 mile range.

I can’t believe nobody told this to basically every other luxury automaker in existence that currently sells cars with screens stuck on to or popping up from the dash.

The same manufacturers that continue to favor and push their ICE over BEV? Maybe following their example isn't the best idea. Should we compare share price? Customer satisfaction? Reliability? Cost of ownership? The necessity of LIDAR for FSD? By which metric should Tesla follow them rather than choosing their own path?

The only place a landscape screen is better is when watching a movie or playing a video game.

This discussion is like complaining about Apple not having a round watch face. The reason it's better is because they didn't do what everyone else did.

The only place a landscape screen is better is when watching a movie or playing a video game.

Bah. This is a fully subjective and ridiculous assertion.

I'm convinced that 90% of the "zomg it's a glued on ipad" crowd is simply clinging to their last bit of confirmation bias that lets them feel justified that their 2-3x more expensive Model S is a "premium" product compared to the pedestrian 3/Y, despite any truly justifiable reason to believe that at this juncture.

Almost all of the "never horizontal" crew will fall in line and suddenly find a way to reverse their opinion once Tesla does the inevitable and converges their UI to a landscape format across all of the volume models.

Everyone gets so defensive about what they buy. Wahhh my screen is better and you’re just jealous! Who cares.
Sorry.

Can’t wait for the new S and will buy it the second it’s announced and available to order. Bring on the new hotness.

Everyone gets so defensive about what they buy. Wahhh my screen is better and you’re just jealous! Who cares.
Sorry.

Can’t wait for the new S and will buy it the second it’s announced and available to order. Bring on the new hotness.
I’m waiting for a new S too, as long as it’s significantly lower than the Taycan Turbo S.

The plaid drivetrain in the current S would be worth paying another of the 10k “performance” bump imo. Maybe more if it comes with better handling. Adding the new tech of the 3/Y and some more interior options, and they’ll have my money. Please keep the IC, or add some VR heads-up display. These upmarket cars aren’t likely to be the robotaxis, so I hope they start to prioritize driver experience more. Other brands are.

Reactions: sillydriver