Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Palladium Timeline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pure speculation thread I know, but relevant as I’m ready to spend big bucks on an X.

with battery day behind us and nothing enticing for the X. Do we see major changes in next 12 months? I’m ready to buy our second tesla but was hoping this palladium model would be out by now. The X is beginning to lag tech wise and I hate buying late tech products late in the life cycle. What’s y’all pulse on situation?

Assuming the Palladium refresh is close, from a purely strategic perspective, I wouldn’t expect to see it unveiled until sometime next quarter. Why? Because if they truly are close to hitting “record” deliveries for the third quarter, announcing it now might cause some of those third quarter buyers to wait.

No one knows and it's pointless to speculate. It could be released next month or in five years. If you want a Model X I'd recommend just buying it now - people have been waiting for the refresh since at least 2018. You could be waiting for a long time. Even if you're unlucky and the refreshed version is announced shortly after you buy, the current Ravens are really good cars. It's not like you'd be stuck with old crappy tech.

Reactions: Vitaman
There are several threads on this already. Restating my opinion that the X will never get a major refresh. It has received continuous improvements already via OTA updates, infotainment upgrade, adaptive suspension, and increased range. I have no idea why people are expecting an X without FWD's, redesigned cockpit, etc. The Y addresses basically every thing people want to see changed on the X. "Palladium" is just an engineering codename, it could be anything and nothing at all. Maybe X will get the tri-motor eventually? Tesla spent too much on engineering with the current X design, so I doubt they will ever revisit that. It's a finished production design and the "faberge egg". They seem to be primarily focused new products. My $0.02.