TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Projected Miles not listening to "5 miles" setting

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by brianman, Nov 25, 2012.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

During my DS walkthru, one of the settings was the "look-back" for projected miles. I originally chose the "30 miles" setting. Today I tried to change it to "5 miles". While the setting saved, the projected mile UI still reports that it's for the last 30 miles. I tried powering off the car (from the 17") and tried using the RESET from that UI. Any ideas what else to try?

EnergyChartLookBack.jpg

Thanks.

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Charge again?

And / or drive 5 miles.

I'm guessing it just doesn't work like that (yet). I don't recall that detail from the walk-through, but I'd prolly leave it on the 30 miles one anyhow.

It should just immediately recalibrate, of course.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I drove 60+ miles tonite. I switched the look-back setting after about 25 miles, then power-cycled the car, then reset the look-back data, then drove 30+. Still uses (up to) 30 mile history. :(

And yah, it's charging at the moment. I don't have much faith that will jigger anything.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

#4 Jason S, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    I don't even remember seeing the setting. brb while I check...

oh, lol.

That just changes the # of miles shown in the energy app. A much harder way to adjust it than just tapping the x-axis label on the graph. I'm guessing it was the only way for a while, but now is basically useless. ... like the 'show traffic' button for the nav system that is now on the map itself.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Controls, Settings, Apps, Energy

6. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

From what I understand, you can't change how many miles projected miles takes into account (aside from a reset, where it'll build up 30 miles again). Changing the graph does only just that, change the graph. I'll check my car, but I never understood it to be possible to change the projected miles look-back.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

You can tap anywhere on the graph to cycle through 5, 15 & 30. Alternatively "pinching" the screen (iPad style) achieves the same result.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My DS actually introduced me to the concept as part of vehicle walkthru. To the degree of asking me which value I wanted so that he could set it up initially.

Sounds like I need to follow-up with him in e-mail to make sure either -a- that gets corrected for subsequent walk thrus or -b- make sure they are aware of the bug.

9. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

I assume it's (a). The variations are too wild if you only look back 5 miles. For experiments I have reset my lookback when I'm drafting a truck on the highway so I can get my Projected range into the thousands, or I'll reset it right before I gun the car so even with a full battery I get a range of less than 50 miles. I assume the 30 miles is fixed because it offers a somewhat reasonable projection, as opposed to these wild short-term swings that wouldn't provide meaningful info for a driver.