TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Projected Resale Values

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by napabill, Jan 27, 2016.

1. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm in the final stages of making a decision on my next Tesla. I currently have a 2012 Model S, and am considering one of 3 options. I've noted my full cost, as configured, for each:
    S85 - $90K
    S90D - $99K
    X90D - $111K

I'm trying to rationalize the X. I feel the loss of value after 3 years will likely be less in absolute $ for the X, and therefore, can be used to support a decision for the X.

Anyone care to speculate?

2. johnc11050

johnc11050 Member

What do you think Tesla will offer for your 2012? I have a 2014 P85 and hope to get $70k on trade in for the X. Have about 20k miles. Are there any other folks (companies) offering better than Tesla?

3. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

$70K is high. We pre-"D" owners got killed. Tesla offered me $63.3K last week for my 2014 P85 (virtually loaded, see my sig). 28K miles. By the time we actually receive an X it should be south of that. I'm happy I got the buy-back guarantee as a floor.