Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lowchrg

What logical reasons can there be for us Early Adopters, with ALL the qualifications (upgraded cameras, MCU2, HW3, & 99+ SS) to be bypassed???

All I can think of is that somehow, our newly upgraded status, has not been properly input into the Universe of Qualifying Vehicles, eligible for the FSD BETA SOFTWARE.

Anyone else out there have any conclusions?

It’s been mostly confirmed that our cars will not get the Sentry Cam view. No one at Tesla will tell us why but it seems to be the case.

@Saxman Those comments were on TeslaMotors subreddit.
I'd certainly like to hear some theories from some of the more hard/software savvy guys if there are technical reasons why an older S/X with upgraded cams, MCU2/HW3 etc is incapable of the beta or remote sentry cam view.

Reactions: fbitz777
Just a guess, but IMO I don't think that our cars are incapable, I think it requires some programming effort to get FSD and these additional (camera related) features to work with our modified hardware, and our cars are are such a minority (less than 100k were made with this configuration back then) that we are not on their list of priorities.

Has anyone been invited to get the camera upgrade since the small first wave of invites? Wondering if it’s worth staying opted in or if I should just opt out and actually enjoy the car.
Does not look like a second wave has happened yet… I’m in the first wave and my appointment has been bumped 3 times due to parts not being in… so I imagine the second wave can’t happen until there is more progress in the first wave.

Regarding the button… I’d probably stay opted in but care less about my score if I were you… you can always opt out and back in to reset your score… not sure if doing so impacts your chances..

Does not look like a second wave has happened yet… I’m in the first wave and my appointment has been bumped 3 times due to parts not being in… so I imagine the second wave can’t happen until there is more progress in the first wave.
I was part of the first wave and supposed to get the camera upgrade on the 24th, but they called me and said the parts had not come. Now I'm scheduled for December 7th. So yes, they can't yet handle the orders from the first wave.

Just a guess, but IMO I don't think that our cars are incapable, I think it requires some programming effort to get FSD and these additional (camera related) features to work with our modified hardware, and our cars are are such a minority (less than 100k were made with this configuration back then) that we are not on their list of priorities.
Yeah I didn't mean forever incapable. It can be fixed with "effort" as you say, but I have no frame of reference for how much effort is required once all the necessary hardware is in place.

I really don’t wanna give up but man this is truly frustrating. The cabin camera monitoring changes were quite drastic and I wonder if this is effecting more S and X from getting the beta. I guess we’ll have to see if any new 2.5 S and X get into the beta.
Considering the reasoning for the driver recording and VIN association, I'd say a reasonable person would assume Tesla will not be inclined to now take the risk of deploying the software on a portion of the fleet without that backup

Also assuming it's something Tesla opted to do and not something mandated by the regulatory body

Considering the reasoning for the driver recording and VIN association, I'd say a reasonable person would assume Tesla will not be inclined to now take the risk of deploying the software on a portion of the fleet without that backup

Also assuming it's something Tesla opted to do and not something mandated by the regulatory body
I am confused here...no X and S had that camera till 2021; right? So that would be more than just early adopters.

I am pretty sure there are 2.5 X and S with FSD beta.

Reactions: Cheburashka
I am confused here...no X and S had that camera till 2021; right? So that would be more than just early adopters.

Yeah exactly. The interior camera was added to the 3 and Y so that the pleb owners could rent them out on the robotaxi Tesla Network that launched in 2020. Allegedly it wasn't meant to be used for driver monitoring since FSD was a solved problem back in 2016. Just needed regulatory approval.

It's possible then, I can think of a range of good and bad potential outcomes if there are other vehicles currently running FSD Beta with setups that aren't capable of driver recording in the event of a crash or other safety issue

I'd imagine it would come down to numbers and risk mitigation