Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The kicker for me in the note from service center shared a bit ago was the notion that being opted in, or not, does not effect when your camera upgrade might happen.

I have remained opted in and have been managing my safety score to 99. Bleh. Not fun. I also think I’m missing out on software updates that the opted out are getting?

So I’m puzzling over what do I believe and how to optimize for upgrade.
The fallacy here is that you’re trying to make sense of Tesla’ modus operandi. This is impossible.

The kicker for me in the note from service center shared a bit ago was the notion that being opted in, or not, does not effect when your camera upgrade might happen.

I have remained opted in and have been managing my safety score to 99. Bleh. Not fun. I also think I’m missing out on software updates that the opted out are getting?

If FSD enrollment doesn't matter then I can't see a good reason to keep chasing that stupid safety score until you at least get the camera appointment....

Re: missing out -- When I opted out I got OTA in a couple days. So it seemed that way to me. Prior to opting in I would get OTA within a week of them being released. I'm still opted out. Oddly, I have not gotten 40.6 yet.

These are my updates
LUdiPyc.jpg

General updates
P096DdQ.jpg

I think I’m going to opt back out again.

I also think we aren’t getting firmware upgrades while in this limbo state, which is pretty frustrating.

Sure is annoying that only the 3/Y and refresh S/X are getting the newest features now…
But even if we get software updates we don't get the new features :mad: no Live Sentry Viewer for us...

Re: missing out -- When I opted out I got OTA in a couple days. So it seemed that way to me. Prior to opting in I would get OTA within a week of them being released. I'm still opted out. Oddly, I have not gotten 40.6 yet.

These are my updates
LUdiPyc.jpg

General updates
P096DdQ.jpg
Interesting, just like you I installed 32.22 on 9/25 and then I got the 36.5.1, 36.5.5 and 36.5.6 back to back like you.
But now still on 5.6 since beginning of November.
I opted in 9/25 and never opted out.

I did get the camera upgrade invite via email (on 12/1) directly from fsdbeta email which shocked me, because (shockingly) they replied to one of my many previous emails to them.

The email I sent them was before camera upgrades was confirmed, and asked why no original AP2 car was invited to the beta.
The reply was, we confirmed your car requires the RCCB retrofit which you can now schedule in the app.

Oh, I agree. But doesn’t change my need to make decisions. I see from the thread some/many are opting out.
Maybe stay opted in but care less about the safety score until you get a camera appointment.. safety score is only the last 30 days… so all can be corrected in a month. Yea hopefully it’s only a 97 or 96 needed for FSD Beta by year end … though doesn’t seem to be moving from 98s :(

Car is at service for camera upgrades. They gave me a P100D X for a loaner, and said it will take 2 days to do the camera upgrade

Wow, two days?!?! Mobile tech did mine in about an hour. Of course they did it wrong the first time and had to redo it.

One thing I've noticed is that the new cameras aren't as color correct as I expected. They have a lack of red in them. Wondering if they still didn't put in the right cameras.

Wow, two days?!?! Mobile tech did mine in about an hour. Of course they did it wrong the first time and had to redo it.

One thing I've noticed is that the new cameras aren't as color correct as I expected. They have a lack of red in them. Wondering if they still didn't put in the right cameras.
Maybe I am wrong, but I am under the impression the new ones would be normal full color cameras

One thing I've noticed is that the new cameras aren't as color correct as I expected. They have a lack of red in them.
Maybe I am wrong, but I am under the impression the new ones would be normal full color cameras

They are not quite full color.

The difference is in the filters within the camera sensor. Inside the sensor each pixel is represented by 4 photoreceptors, with a combination of filters. AP2.0 cameras produce a sort of reddish black and white image because they have a Red-Clear-Clear-Clear (RCCC) filter. Tesla later added a blue filter to the camera sensors, hence the Red-Clear-Clear-Blue (RCCB) filter on AP2.5/3 cameras.

RCCB cameras have no green filter to actually make them full color, but green can be calculated by the AP computer. That's why the RCCB images have a sort of sepia/yellowish hue when watching the videos.