Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit confused by that statement. Aren't those two different things? 25.2 is not a FSD beta. Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.
You're focusing on the correct row(s). Apologies, I omitted some context of the vehicle group, my bad.
The list shows the previous version of software recorded, for currently installed 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5) vehicles.

We might infer therefore, that those 1% previously running 25.2 (no FSD) are now first-time FSD (30.5) vehicles.
And 99% were previously running 25.6 (FSD 10.8)

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
help me out on that one. I can't possibly imagine it is unsafe to drive in a way that maintains a good score. Sounds like an excuse.
Easy to help you. If I have to use my brakes at all I get a hard braking violation So every yellow light you have to make a decision to punch it or get a ding to the score. Lots of red light are being run. Does that sound safe to you? The only braking that can be done is by regen. Any additional braking will ding score.

Easy to help you. If I have to use my brakes at all I get a hard braking violation So every yellow light you have to make a decision to punch it or get a ding to the score. Lots of red light are being run. Does that sound safe to you? The only braking that can be done is by regen. Any additional braking will ding score.
That's not my experience. As long as you don't exceed the deceleration threshold you can use the brakes. I've been able to do it without getting dinged.

My car must be more sensitive. I can to touch the pedal.
It all has to do with rate of deceleration, has nothing directly to do with using the brakes.

I used regen as my guide.. full regen is actually enough to trigger “hard braking” when slowing from above ~30mph. So when I wanted to stop, I would come off the gas about 80%, and then feather the accelerator out and transition to the brake, trying maintain roughly the same rate of deceleration as the initial 80% regen (as measured by.. my butt in the seat). Took a bit of practice, but you get the hang of it after a bit. Same for how hard of a turn is hard enough to get dinged.

The one thing I never did quite get the hang of was following distance >50mph.. but I was pretty judicious about turning on autopilot at 49mph or so instead.

Managed to keep a 100 score for ~2 months with some pretty tricky driving. A few bogus FCWs dropped it to a 99 before I finally got the beta.

It all has to do with rate of deceleration, has nothing directly to do with using the brakes.

I used regen as my guide.. full regen is actually enough to trigger “hard braking” when slowing from above ~30mph. So when I wanted to stop, I would come off the gas about 80%, and then feather the accelerator out and transition to the brake, trying maintain roughly the same rate of deceleration as the initial 80% regen (as measured by.. my butt in the seat). Took a bit of practice, but you get the hang of it after a bit. Same for how hard of a turn is hard enough to get dinged.

The one thing I never did quite get the hang of was following distance >50mph.. but I was pretty judicious about turning on autopilot at 49mph or so instead.

Managed to keep a 100 score for ~2 months with some pretty tricky driving. A few bogus FCWs dropped it to a 99 before I finally got the beta.

Anecdotal, but personally using regen has never triggered hard braking for me no matter how hard I come off.

I also noticed the regen in my car is a bit weaker than a loaner I had recently, not sure if related.

Anecdotal, but personally using regen has never triggered hard braking for me no matter how hard I come off.

I also noticed the regen in my car is a bit weaker than a loaner I had recently, not sure if related.
Regen is heavily affected by battery temp. Once your battery is below about 70° regen starts getting reduced. I also have never found that regen only will trigger hard braking, even when going to full regen with a warm battery that isn’t limiting regen at 60+ MPH.

help me out on that one. I can't possibly imagine it is unsafe to drive in a way that maintains a good score. Sounds like an excuse.
Well, tapping the brakes to avoid running over a squirrel, pedestrian or cyclists will get you a very bad score. Then to fix it you can accelerate and regen over and over and over and You will improve the bad score caused by avoiding running something over.
I’d like to be able to use the brakes when needed also the accelerate / regen over and over to improve the score is not the best thing to do on roads… besides probably not being very good for the battery.

The SS is unsafe because in the vast majority of locales it forces you to deviate from the usual driving behavior and average rate of speed of the other motorists on the road......and doing that is the number one cause of accidents.

And definitely it's just absurd that you are not graced one or two hard brakes per drive- as others pointed out that makes people run late yellows/reds or hesitate about braking when another object out of your control is forcing you to brake.

Maybe the new additions to FSD Beta for the initial 10% rollout was indeed accidental, as it seems like no new additions were added as part of yesterday's 70% rollout of 10.8.1. Hopefully today the remaining 30% get added along with new additions.
I hope so! We got our RCCB cameras yesterday & I'm really hoping we get 10.8.1.

That was the message I received from Karpathy today… “today, most likely”
Hey Shawn @scarelli, can you ask your buddy Karpathy if 10.8.1 will be rolled out to cars that got camera retrofits after the 10.8 rollout? We got our new cameras on Monday but we've only received 2021.44.30.2, not 2021.44.30.5 (FSD Beta 10.8.1). I'm hoping we'll be able to get it with out perfect 100 safety score for the last 30 days in about 900 miles.

Hey Shawn @scarelli, can you ask your buddy Karpathy if 10.8.1 will be rolled out to cars that got camera retrofits after the 10.8 rollout? We got our new cameras on Monday but we've only received 2021.44.30.2, not 2021.44.30.5 (FSD Beta 10.8.1). I'm hoping we'll be able to get it with out perfect 100 safety score for the last 30 days in about 900 miles.

I think you’re gonna need to put on your patience pants my friend. There was people waiting a few weeks after cam upgrades. I know it’s exciting but you’ll go crazy if you keep checking and asking and checking again.

You have the cams, you have the score, it will come when it’s ready.

Breathe @hybridbear :)

I think you’re gonna need to put on your patience pants my friend. There was people waiting a few weeks after cam upgrades. I know it’s exciting but you’ll go crazy if you keep checking and asking and checking again.

You have the cams, you have the score, it will come when it’s ready.

Breathe @hybridbear :)
The problem right now is that there’s no longer the option to reboot to erase anything that detracts from the score. My wife was rebooting every 3rd or 4th trip to avoid anything that would lower the score. Now we can’t do that anymore. So I don’t think we’ll be able to maintain the score for very many more day, especially in winter driving conditions.