Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Promises, promises... What gives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/2 MYP MSM Black Tow FSD Denver with a quoted 3-7 week delivery estimate at order. I accepted terms immediately and have not changed the build or deferred.

Per manage order page, I have seen the following delivery estimates:
3-7 weeks from order (same as order page)
5-10 weeks from order
2-4 weeks from now (11/19 txt, not MOP)
blank
Dec 2-20
blank
10-14 weeks from order
Dec 18-31
Dec 20-31
10-14 weeks from order
Dec 24-31
Dec 25-31
Dec 26-31
Dec 27-31
Blank
*Phone call from SC on 10/28 pushing to me to buy a different build in stock. Gave no verbal estimate of my build, but said I’m “top priority.”
“next few months” (12/30 txt, not MOP)
1/23-2/20 (current)

Per the tracking spreadsheet on this forum, I see 6 people that ordered after me, but have already received this exact build. My SA’s response is usually something to the effect of, “haven’t seen many performance models come through, will keep waiting...”

It’s so frustrating! My trade in gets devalued every time it’s renewed and I have now lost out on 2020 state tax credits, not to mention EOY Tesla incentives. It would have been so much better for Tesla to offer a long estimate up front instead of constantly revising wrong ones.

Attachments

• 78ADBD82-D9EF-4237-AB4D-7911837D8CE1.jpeg
    78ADBD82-D9EF-4237-AB4D-7911837D8CE1.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Production of your car probably delayed because they shut down the S/X asssembly likes for a few weeks in late December.
Some have rumored that they are refreshing the designs over that period, but nothing reported.
You may be getting an improved car soon after they start the line back up, but then again...

In January, most S/X production will be going overseas in order to be delivered prior to end of first Quarter.
Perhaps they could have gotten you a demo or a slightly different configuration before EOY, but now that ship has sailed as well.

I appreciate the effort to rationalize Tesla’s behavior here. I can only imagine that they were prioritizing the deliveries that could happen quickly to meet the 500k goal rather than getting vehicles to those who have been waiting the longest.

We’ll see if I get any model upgrades out of the wait (heated steering wheel maybe?), but I’m not holding my breath. Will prob check my account incessantly though...

I'm sorry this happened to you. I really don't understand how they do their ordering. It almost seems like they build things in batches but then rather than matching VINs and shipping to desired areas, they ship in batches also. When I picked up my MY, I saw like 10 White MYs, and about 8 Grey ones, 2 red, 1 black, and 2 blue (mine included). Not sure if that is just how the orders came in though. Based on polls I've seen you'd think there'd be more red and blue orders and less grey ones than what I saw.

Also, I didn't checked extensively but most were MYLR so maybe that is the issue. Many did have the Tow package but not sure on all. Mine didn't since I didn't order it.