Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Promoting new Destination Charging Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I'm working to get a local business in my old hometown to join the Destination Charging program. The business, historically a minute market, has expanded and has added a craft brewery taproot and has quite a good food menu to offer. The unique and, in my opinion, most appealing aspect of the local is twofold: 1) the owner is very eco-conscious and is a huge fan of Tesla: he has installed a surplus of solar cells on neighboring storage units that supply a surplus of energy to his business 2) his location is in along a popular North/South highway in Virginia (route 29) that runs through an area where there are no SuperChargers or even currently registered destination chargers. The closest chargers to the North are Lexington (across the Blue Ridge Mountains about 75 miles) and to the South is the Burlington, NC SuperCharger (91 miles away).

Does anyone have any advice/knowledge as to what criteria Tesla has for choosing who can participate in the program? I'd really love to make this happen, both for the convenience it will provide to EV owners, but also to help out a local business that has truly bought into the idea of sustainable energy. Thanks in advance!